FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AskMrHunter

How reliable is Ask Mr. Robot's BiS Tool?

I ask this because the tool states that the ilvl700 Legion Bound Ring and Legionnaire's Fel Pendant are best in their class  under Azortharian's MM stat weights. Is this accurate? Is there a better tool to gauge the quality of items out there?

I know this will be moot come Legion but as a new player, I am still gathering information on the reliability of programs and what to use/avoid.

As long as the stat weight are correct, yes AMR is reliable for everything except trinkets.  The main thing to remember is that AMR is a tool, and like any tool you must know how to use it to get the most out of it.

The thing is, MrRobot uses common stat weights, which assume optimal talents and optimal rotation. This is alright if you're playing default hunter. 

But if you want to find out your stat weights, with your gear and your talents and your rotation, you should use Simulationcraft to sim your own weights.

For even greater accuracy, you can sim yourself with your current gear, and with the new item, and see the average DPS difference.

1 hour ago, AskMrHunter said:

The SimCraft I downloaded is from simcraft.org which latest version is 6.2.3

Is this the one you use? 

I haven't used the simcraft in a long time, but I'm sure the latest version from https://simulationcraft.org/ should be fine.

There's a starter guide here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/simulationcraft/wikis/StartersGuide.wiki

Overall, simcraft is a complicated tool, and hard to get a good grasp without at least basic knowledge in programming. But if you make a habit of using it, you can find out all sorts of useful stuff and boost your DPS a little. 

As a sidenote, you can import your stat weights into MrRobot to find upgrades for yourself. Just keep in mind that statweights are dynamic, and change with every piece of gear.

Edited by Iridar

The idea of askmrrobot sim is that you can adjust the values of the secondary stats.

There is soo much new right now, that everything is still testing.

However your reslts don't matc my results, my results being http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/lightbringer/amazone

For now I have not found the beta of much use that is for legion, make sure you are using Azortgarian's pre-patch.

Because everything before and after are wrong for now.

Worked like a clock for me all this patch  when using the proper setup for the time.

Except for trinkets you need totake more in consideartioon, like the fight. and for thsi patch its reading up , not sim

On 8/23/2016 at 8:13 PM, AskMrHunter said:

I ask this because the tool states that the ilvl700 Legion Bound Ring and Legionnaire's Fel Pendant are best in their class  under Azortharian's MM stat weights. Is this accurate? Is there a better tool to gauge the quality of items out there?

I know this will be moot come Legion but as a new player, I am still gathering information on the reliability of programs and what to use/avoid.

Go look at the stat weights, and add the stats up yourself. The ilvl 700 invasion ring and neck, while lacking Agi, have a metric ton more secondary stats. I've done the math myself, and they do come out on top. AsMrRobot gets it's stats, and therefore BiS recommendations, from Azortharion's guides. Use his Pawn string and it will tell you the exact same thing.