FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zombiecurse

Frost DK - DW Obliterate Use

Hi everyone,

I'm currently levelling up a frost death knight. I have the rotation down, thanks to this site, but I'm having a bit of trouble with where to put obliterate. The guide here says:

Cast Posted ImageObliterate if

• Both Frost/Unholy runes or both Death runes are available (when using Posted ImageRunic Empowerment) OR
  • You have 1 Unholy rune available, and neither both Frost or nor Death runes are available (when using Posted ImageBlood Tap or Posted ImageRunic Corruption) OR
  • You have a Posted ImageKilling Machine proc AND you do not have enough runic power to cast Frost Strike.

However, I'm not really understanding the "and neither both frost or nor death runes are available" part (bolded above).

The way I'm using it right now, I basically check to see if I'm going to need to refresh blood plague. If I don't, I'll use obliterate until I'm out of unholy runes and then continue on with my rotation, trying to replace the unholy runes with death runes using blood tap. I know this isn't important for leveling, but I would like to figure this out now so I can have confidence in my rotation in raids and dungeons. Any further explanation on the conditions I pasted above would be great.

Thanks.

What it's saying is "use when you have 1 unholy and at least 1 frost or death". I'll see what we can do to simplify the guide's phrasing a bit.

The super simple version of it can be "use when you have an unholy rune", but the really correct version would be "Use obliterate if you have at least 1 unholy rune, BP's duration isn't lower than the remaining regen time on your next unholy rune, (DnD is on CD or you are GCD capped), there is only 1 target, and using BT or RC"

What it's saying is "use when you have 1 unholy and at least 1 frost or death". I'll see what we can do to simplify the guide's phrasing a bit.

The super simple version of it can be "use when you have an unholy rune", but the really correct version would be "Use obliterate if you have at least 1 unholy rune, BP's duration isn't lower than the remaining regen time on your next unholy rune, (DnD is on CD or you are GCD capped), there is only 1 target, and using BT or RC"

Ahhhh, thanks dude! That's what I thought, but just wanted to be sure. If you wanted to simplify, I think this might do the trick:

Cast Posted ImageObliterate if

• Both Frost/Unholy runes or both Death runes are available (when using Posted ImageRunic Empowerment) OR
  • You have an unholy rune and any other type of rune available (when using Posted ImageBlood Tap or Posted ImageRunic Corruption) OR
  • You have a Posted ImageKilling Machine proc AND you do not have enough runic power to cast Frost Strike.
Edited by zombiecurse