FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrMcMoog

Holy Priest Key Binds

Hello Guys 

I have recently reached a level where I want to take my gaming a little more seriously and I am looking at raiding with a Horde Holy Priest in the not so distant future as a healer (obvs). I have found the guides on this website to be absolutely invaluable, really top notch, but the one thing they do not seem to contain is any recommendation on how best to key bind the various different rotations. 

After a bit of internet trawling the only info I've managed to find is for previous versions of the game. Are there any Holy Priests raiding in Legion who have any recommendations for key bindings? Obviously I may tweek these for myself later but just some suggestions to get me started would be really appreciated. 

Thanks Everyone.

I think that you can't find a key bind info because it's an extremely personal information. Personal not meaning 'secret' but meaning that every player configure it for themselves. There are countless possibilities: some people play with a programmed mouse and bind their abilities to 20 mouse buttons, others bind them to 1-5, Shift+1-5 and Alt+1-5, or F1-F10 and 1-0, or letters on the keyboard, or programmed keyboard buttons and so on. And then there are macros that may be bind too... Even for movement people use at least 3-5 different sets of possible bindings.

For healers it's even more: many healers (if not most) use special healing frames (VuhDo, HealBot, Grid) and bind all the healing abilities to different mouse clicks on these frames.

Just to give an example: I am a healer and I use 1-= buttons for dps skills, F1-F5 for major CDs, left side of the keyboard (letters) for utility skills and all the healing is assigned to all kinds of mouse clicking (left, right, rolling up and down, with Shift, Alt and Ctrl) on the healing frames.

I think you will have to figure out what's working for you the best.

PS: many times you can see what people are binding and where on their UI screenshots. There are plenty on WoW forums.

Thanks Pandacho. I get that it's quite personal and that definitely makes sense but your reply is really useful, just gives me some ideas to try out and work from when making my own. I was a bit confused about where to even really start!

Here you go:

holy.png

I keep the 'Q' button for the Artifact ability.

Healing spells are on mouseover bindings:

Left click - Renew

Right click - Flash Heal

Wheel Up - Purify

Wheel Down - Prayer of Mending

Shift+Left click - Prayer of Healing

Shift+Right click - Heal

Shift+Wheel Up - Holy Word: Serenity

Shift+Wheel Down - Holy Word: Sanctify

Crtl+Left click - target (choose person as a target, otherwise my target is an enemy that I'm dpsing)

Crtl+Right click - focus (make a person my focus)

• Like 1

Maybe you're still looking for ideas, or others are. I'll post my UI and keybinds too. I use a lot more keyboard.WoWScrnShot_091316_033416.jpg

1: Heal
2: Renew
3: Flash Heal
4: PoH
T: Divine Star/Halo, when talented
Q: Smite
E: Holy Fire
F: Angelic Feather
R:Prayer of Mending
X: Mass Dispel
C: Purify
V: Holy Nova
S1: Serenity
S2: Divine Hymn
S3: Guardian Spirit
S4: Sanctify
SQ: Chastise
SE: Light of T'uure
SF: Leap of Faith
SR: Apotheosis
SX: nothing
SC: Dispel Magic
SV: Fade
G: Mind Control
SG: Mind Vision
F1: Racial (for me, Quaking Palm)
F2: Trinket use

Edited by citoyenlambda

On 25/8/2016 at 5:18 PM, Pandacho said:

Here you go:

holy.png

so Pandacho u like your UI but, i like to ask you, the addon you have in the middle showing your colddowns, witch addon is that?

3 minutes ago, Zeebra said:

so Pandacho u like your UI but, i like to ask you, the addon you have in the middle showing your colddowns, witch addon is that?

I believe that I used here Ablution's Weakauras set for Holy Priest with some my tweaks.