FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Argonath

A couple of question about Affli/Destro lock

Hello fellow warlocks,

I have some questions regarding the warlock in the prepatch, and the first question is about destru lock.

So now that our stats are haste> crit, i want to know if there is a cap to reach with the haste. 

What is the point where crit become more important than haste? and is 30% haste give an additional tick to Immolation?(i know that haste reduce the duration between ticks but if someone can give me the math to understand how it works, it will be great)

I never played affliction before, but i'm know in a pve guild, and i want to know my off spec to be able to play it at a raid level. I began to play affli and read about it, in a couple of post of the help my dps thread, they speak about DoTs uptimes and DSI or DCI (sorry can't remember the exact term).

I'm aware of the Pandemic mecanic and the refresh time of the dots in the last 30% to not loose dps, but is DoTs uptimes is the same? i was really confuse about the numbers and percentage given from the log, and i don't understand really well what these percentages mean. also What is DSI or DCI?

I try to have a good understanding of affli, so thanks to enlight me about it if you can :)

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 10:08 AM, Argonath said:

Thanks for the answer Vaeevictiss.

How can i know how much haste i need to have one more tick on immolation?

No need to worry about this anymore. When a DOT expires it will do a partial tick of damage based on how much time has passed since the last tick. Because of this, all your haste results in additional damage.

Been this way since the start of WoD. The other change that went in at the same time (that you might of missed) was the removal of snapshotting stats on DoTs - instead DoTs dynamically update with your current stats.

Hey Warlocks, so i dug a little bit more, and Vaeevictis you are totally right, because what ever my haste is it will be relevant, and if I don't have enough haste to add a tick to my dots/hots, the last tick will be calculated regarding my haste and will be a partial tick if I don't have enough haste for a full one.

for DoTs uptimes, it was just a language/translation problem, correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume it's the time they are active, I do understand now why they use percentage for this in the log. And DSI is just a trinket ?. 

Thanks Zxero, sorry for the overlap, I missed your answer when I wrote my post... I finally got to this point. 

About Destruction, I know that haste> crit, I suppose mostly because it help generating shards and reduce the CD of conflagration, but crit also buff the shards generation, since a crit on immolation tick double the chance to generate a shard and is very relevant in our dps unlike mastery....

Would you say that at a certain point (maybe around 30% haste, roughly 2 ticks of immo) crit become primary? Crit>haste? 

Thanks

there should be a "haste cap" if you take backdraft because for some reason backdraft duration gets reduced by haste. this means you wont be able to cast 3 incinerates in the 2 second reduced duration it has.

after you reach this maybe stack a little more crit?

There are other uses to crit besides the obvious as well, like extra damage on chaos bolt and conflag. However, because of the fact that at end game you will likely have at least 1 relic with the trait that increases immolate's crit chance + the 3 points into that trait, the weight for crit diminishes at least for the point that you made. Having a base crit of 38% on immolate is rather high to start out with, adding another 10% wont make a huge difference, and it's likely you will do that with the current weights as it is. Haste is king for locks this patch, I wouldn't change that just because you cant get as many casts off with the backdraft buff seeing as you cast many other skills as well as haste increasing the amount of times you can get backdraft up in the first place.

Also, as was mentioned haste factors into our shard income via conflag. I don't want to do the math myself, but it is entirely possible that the amount of haste you can get vs the amount of crit you can get more heavily generates shards via conflag vs immolate crits. You have to keep in mind that immolate crits only add a 15% chance over the base 15% chance. When we get the 2 piece bonus we'll also be using conflag a lot more often.

7 hours ago, Euko said:

There are other uses to crit besides the obvious as well, like extra damage on chaos bolt and conflag. However, because of the fact that at end game you will likely have at least 1 relic with the trait that increases immolate's crit chance + the 3 points into that trait, the weight for crit diminishes at least for the point that you made. Having a base crit of 38% on immolate is rather high to start out with, adding another 10% wont make a huge difference, and it's likely you will do that with the current weights as it is. Haste is king for locks this patch, I wouldn't change that just because you cant get as many casts off with the backdraft buff seeing as you cast many other skills as well as haste increasing the amount of times you can get backdraft up in the first place.

Also, as was mentioned haste factors into our shard income via conflag. I don't want to do the math myself, but it is entirely possible that the amount of haste you can get vs the amount of crit you can get more heavily generates shards via conflag vs immolate crits. You have to keep in mind that immolate crits only add a 15% chance over the base 15% chance. When we get the 2 piece bonus we'll also be using conflag a lot more often.

The 2 piece bonus? I guess you talk about PVP, right? We don't have those things in PVE.

Argonath,

Yes DoT uptimes is the time that debuff is active. You seem to have figured out this already but use a percentage for DoT uptimes as saying it is running for 3:30 minutes means little when a fight/or the uptime of an add could be that long or say 10 minutes. 

To go slightly deeper when multitarget then DoT uptimes also matter for each target. So as a simple example take a fight with two constant targets. You may have say 99% uptime over all but if you only have 60% on one and 60% on another then that is an issue.

Jogamita, hence the use of the word "when" we get the tier sets. The Tier 19 ones are coming in The Nighthold. Here are the current set bonuses http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1291/legacy-of-azjaqir#comments 

Edited by spikeysquad
Link broken

Hello guys,

I have a question please. So if now I'm at 21 points spent on my so far gimped affliction artefact and if I want to keep the whole 50k points for the 22nd point to instead spend it lets say on the destro artefact, that would bump me up to 20 points for the destro artefact right?

Not sure I explained myself properly but I get it this is how people "off spec" their weps.

Thanks!

Cheers 

Edited by vladMTL

VladMTL,

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/acquiring-and-spending-artifact-power-and-knowledge#alt-spec-artifacts Check out the table at the bottom to show how much multiple points cost. There are so many different ways to spend your AP. Some people went in all on one, some went 16/16/16 etc until they started raiding and/or saw the buffs. I personally just spent in Demo and Destro.

Assuming that WoWhead is correct the 50k AP from 21-22 will get you 0-17 in an offspec. Destro is pretty strong at 16 points.  

Edited by spikeysquad