FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Automated Raid-wide Item Tracking/Audit Google Sheet (updated for Legion)

HERE IS THE SPEADSHEET please make a copy and edit as needed for your guild.

Simple...ish spreadsheet to automate the tracking of your raid's gear, enchants, and artifact traits(NYI). Some color coding is also automatically done. Documentation for how to use the sheet is on the second tab of the sheet.
Works off of a Google script, I was given the OG script/spreadsheet in very early WoD so I have no idea who wrote it first (if anyone knows please tell me so I can credit their work). As far as I know the OG writer did not update it for Legion so I took it upon myself to do so for my guild. Since it is mostly ready for publication I thought I'd share it here in case it helps anyone else also.
The artifact trait tracking is not yet implemented due to the fact that I just don't know how the code will work. I won't be able to add this part into the sheet until Blizzard releases API documentation on the new functions or Legion goes live and I can see how it works on a real artifact.
The names in the sheet are just my toons from across a couple of servers so people can see how it works.

Don't know whether you you meant this, Locky. It looks like the same idea but I really don't have a clue. 

Edit: just tried for my toons - wouldn't work. I'm on EU and it gives an error  ErrorRequest failed for https://us.api.battle.net/wow/character/Argent Dawn/Pandacho?fields=items%2Cmounts%2Cguild&Slocale=en_US&apikey=3nkgy6fys34hnhmuuefj6y9z37xvfxw2 returned code 404. Truncated server response: {"status":"nok", "reason": "Character not found."} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response) (line 14).

Hi, slightly confused by this. How is it automated? Just that it calculates averages or is there a script/addon to combine with this that automatically inspects people and adds data?

Not used it myself, so I can't give you an answer unfortunately Lieghton. Hopefully Locky or someone that uses it can help out.

I use it.

I'm not sure what does it mean "it calculates averages". It fetches data from the Armory to file so you don't have to check your raiders Armory one by one.

Locky described what it's doing his first post: "spreadsheet to automate the tracking of your raid's gear, enchants, and artifact traits"  and it's exactly this.

• Like 1

Does this still work for EU? I keep getting an error as TOON REALM NOT DEFINED. What am i doing wrong ? @Lockybalboa

Edited by Chilltax

It works and updates the toons on EU, I checked right now.

UPD: the copy that I made for my guild in September still works fine, though the one linked in Locky's post does not.

Someone messed with the code.

Go to Tools>Script editor... and replace the lines 7-14 with this :

function pull(toonName,toonRealm) {

if(!toonName || !toonRealm) {
   return ""
  }
  toonRealm.replace(/\s+/g,"%20");

var toonJSON = UrlFetchApp.fetch("https://eu.api.battle.net/wow/character/"+toonRealm+"/"+toonName+"?fields=items%2Cmounts%2Cguild&Slocale=en_GB&apikey=3nkgy6fys34hnhmuuefj6y9z37xvfxw2") 

Edited by Nap