FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obas

Ret Pally Rotation Inquisition

Yes, because it immediately gives you 10% increased critical chance on your abilities, as well as extra damage from your Seal of Truth, Exorcism and T6 talent. Don't wait until 5 HP.

Get Inquisition up at 1 HP, and then keep it up as close to 100% as you can.

If you can generate the first HP from CS all the better, as CS and TV are physical, while Exorcism and Judgment are holy damage, and Inq only buffs holy damage. This is rarely possible tho, so a more common solution is probably to do this on approach: Ex - Inq - J - CS. If you havent' reached the boss in 3 gcds you were most likely too far away on the pull :)

Point being: get Inq asap, don't wait.

Rgds

That is incorrect unless you got some new maths on me Lothrandir?. You should not waste a global on Inquisition until 3 HP. The opener should be Exo > J > CS > Inq (with PoJ) or J > Exo > CS > Inq (with LAotL).

No, I don't. I was relying on what spellflash (Bitten's) was doing, but that cannot be guaranteed to be correct, and might sometimes be tweaked for solo mode as well.

Checked some resources, and they generally seem to recommend the 3 HP approach. My bad ..

Rgds

• Like 1

I have a post in on EJ asking Exemplar for a recommendation. I had seen the same suggestion you made but had never seen a definitive answer. It's good that you brought this up though (to make sure things haven't changed)! I'll post back as soon as I have 100% verification. Posted Image

Generally speaking, it's better to do the initial Inq at 3HP and refresh it with another 3HP when you have about 2-3 seconds left on the timer. Yes, it clips slightly, but it's better than losing the buff entirely. Also, if you only have one GCD left on the Inq timer but only one or two HP, it's better to get a 10 or 20s Inq than to let it drop off completely. If you do for whatever reason, it's better in the long run to wait until you have 3HP to reapply.