Blainie

wow Factions and Reputations in Legion!

11 posts in this topic

9AT9Ews.jpg

As with every expansion, Legion will bring with it a heap of new friends and allies to work with in the Broken Isles. We've given you the history of the different factions you'll be meeting, as well as guides on how best to gain reputation with them!

Court of Farondis

The Court of Farondis faction is led by Prince Farondis, a Highborne who lived under the rule of Queen Azshara. If we go back to the time of the War of the Ancients, we have a society where Queen Azshara ruled absolute. None of the Highborne challenged her, since she had the large majority trapped, either through power or affection, or both.

Prince Farondis was one of the few that truly realised what was going on. He acted as an advisor to the Queen, but his real role was as a Prince outside of the capital in Azsuna. As he watched the Highborne fall under Azshara and the Legion's power, he realised he had to do something about it.

He attempted to destroy the Well of Eternity and stop the demons coming into the world, but he was betrayed by one of his followers. A member of his court, Vandros, reported his plans to the Queen. She went on to punish him by destroying one of the Pillars of Creation, the Tidestone of Golganneth. 

The true punishment was what came after the destruction of the pillar; all the elves of Azsuna that lived under the Prince were cursed, never truly being able to pass on after death, instead forced to wander the land, forever seeking the embrace of truly dying.

If you want to find out more about the reputation itself and how to earn rep with them, check out our Court of Farondis guide!

The Dreamweavers

This faction is rather simple to explain, as long as you know what the Emerald Dream is. The Emerald Dream is essentially a spirit world, located on another "plane" of existence. It is home to the aspect of the Green Dragonflight, Ysera, and all of her children. The land in the Emerald Dream represents what Azeroth could have been, had there not been in the interference of its inhabitants. 

After a pact was made between Malfurion and Ysera during the War of the Ancients, the Druids of the world can freely move between the Dream and reality, pledging themselves to safeguard the Dream in return for their powers over nature.

The Dreamweavers are a group of druids that have worked together in Val'Sharah to keep the Emerald Dream safe.

If you want to find out how you will be gaining reputation with them in Legion, you can check out our Dreamweavers reputation guide.

Highmountain Tribe

The Highmountain Tribe are another faction that date back to the War of the Ancients; this is due to their ancestral leader, Huln Highmountain. He was chosen by Krasus to represent the tauren when fighting the Legion alongside the Night Elves, furbolgs and earthen. After the war had ended, Cenarius bestowed upon him a blessing which turned the horns of the tauren into antlers, the mark of the demigod.

Huln returned to his people as a champion and freed both his own people and the drogbar, their neighbours, from the reign of Deathwing. The region became known as Highmountain because of his bravery.

Fast forward to the present day and the drogbar and tauren are no longer living happily together. The drogbar king, Dargrul, has stolen the artifact which Huln used to free them all. This has caused a rift to form between the tauren tribes and one tribe, the Bloodtotem, have joined the Legion's forces.

If you want to find out how you'll be gaining reputation with them, check out our Highmountain Tribe reputation guide.

The Nightfallen

The nightborne were a race of night elves that were forced to feed from the Nightwell for sustenance; they fed off the Nightwell for centuries until the energy within became corrupted. This led to them slowly becoming unable to feed from anything else except the corrupted energy. In time, they became malnourished and began their transition into something known as the withered. These are fallen nightborne that have made the full leap into a mindless, corrupted creature. 

The Nightfallen are in the transitional period between nightborne and withered, not yet fully corrupted but they still have the change to become nightborne again if they can drink from the pure Nightwell once more.

If you want to find out more about the reputation, you can find it here in our Nightfallen reputation guide.

The Valarjar

These mighty warriors served Odin in life and now they serve him after death too; only the strongest of the Vrykul can become a Valarjar. They were once intended to fight and protect Azeroth from all of the threats it faces, but the ruler of Hellheim, Helya, cursed Odin and his warriors so that they could never leave the Halls of Valor once they had passed on to serve him in death.

If you want to find out more about the reputation and how you can earn it, check out our Valarjar reputation guide

The Wardens

As some of the most talented fighters in the Elven realm, the Wardens were tasked with hunting down demons and imprisoning them in the Vault of the Wardens, including Illidan Stormrage and his Demon Hunters. 

When Gul'dan attacks the Vault of the Wardens, he forces the Wardens to free the Demon Hunters in the hope that they might help to defeat the demons. The Legion forces win the battle and free countless incredibly dangerous demons.

The Wardens, at least what is left of them, now hunt the demons in the hopes of imprisoning them once more and freeing Azeroth from their threat.

If you want to learn how to gain Wardens reputation, you can read it here in our Wardens reputation guide.

surprised to see not many, if any, mounts on the rewards pages for them. that was usually a thing with at least one or two of the factions. i feel i should like the high mountain tribe more than i do, all my toons that are possible are tauren, even my rogue is tauren (he's so stealthy you'll never see him though) but i think i like the wardens stuff the best. Im particularly interested in the legion pocket portal. I'm curious to play with it and see if it takes you anywhere fun or if its just a cosmetic thing. 

It is good to see they have standardized the reputuation gain for all factions, which generally means do quests, world-events and dungeons and you will eventually reach exalted.

For players with limited game time, it's good to get reputation while levelling, doing other content, etc, and you don't have to get out of your way to get that low grinding rep :)

5 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

surprised to see not many, if any, mounts on the rewards pages for them. that was usually a thing with at least one or two of the factions. i feel i should like the high mountain tribe more than i do, all my toons that are possible are tauren, even my rogue is tauren (he's so stealthy you'll never see him though) but i think i like the wardens stuff the best. Im particularly interested in the legion pocket portal. I'm curious to play with it and see if it takes you anywhere fun or if its just a cosmetic thing. 

I was pretty surprised by the lack of cosmetic rewards as well, especially on the mount front. Hopefully we'll see some in the future!

2 minutes ago, Tectonn said:

It is good to see they have standardized the reputuation gain for all factions, which generally means do quests, world-events and dungeons and you will eventually reach exalted.

For players with limited game time, it's good to get reputation while levelling, doing other content, etc, and you don't have to get out of your way to get that low grinding rep :)

Agreed! I love that you earn the reputations by simply playing the game, rather than having to go kill 1500 of X elite mob.

4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Agreed! I love that you earn the reputations by simply playing the game, rather than having to go kill 1500 of X elite mob.

yeah grinding mobs for hours upon end doesn't exactly = compelling gameplay  (why is diablo fun then?) especially a lot of the reps in the past had little to no quests associated with them so it was just mob slaughter for hours, remember farming black prince rep for cloak? pepperidge farm remembers. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

yeah grinding mobs for hours upon end doesn't exactly = compelling gameplay  (why is diablo fun then?) especially a lot of the reps in the past had little to no quests associated with them so it was just mob slaughter for hours, remember farming black prince rep for cloak? pepperidge farm remembers. 

I remember doing the Emperor Shaohao rep and got it as the first group on my realm. It was hell farming that tbh

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I remember doing the Emperor Shaohao rep and got it as the first group on my realm. It was hell farming that tbh

still not finished with mine, got to revered and said nope

2 people like this

19 hours ago, demonardvark said:

still not finished with mine, got to revered and said nope

Should be a breeze with the new expansion gear, content from 2 Xpacs ago is ridiculously underpowered, so you will be able to dance through the timeless and just ravage those cows for exalted rep :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tectonn said:

ravage those cows :)

best. quote. ever.

7 hours ago, Tectonn said:

so you will be able to dance through the timeless and just ravage those cows for exalted rep :)

How can anyone in their right mind not "like" this. 

I know not how it could be even thinkable.

Edited by PatrickHenry
EMBOLDENED myself!

7 hours ago, Tectonn said:

just ravage those cows for exalted rep :)

Will do!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Update: Added more Mage changes for all 3 specs, all get increased damage to most skills and Comet Storm's damage buff goes up to 30%.
      More class tuning coming next reset and Nighthold trinkets get re-assesed, featuring dev notes.

More changes are afoot, as there's class tuning coming up next reset for Mythic week, featuring Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin and Warlock tinkering. Paladins also get another ray of hope that their beloved Convergence of Fates will get un-nerfedintotheground as Blizzard re-assess some Nighthold trinkets in the second blue post below.
      Lore (source)
      As we prepare for the opening of Mythic Nighthold, we're planning another round of balance tuning for a few specs. These will be applied with the next weekly maintenance.
      Druid
      Feral Increased the damage of most Feral spells and abilities by 8%. (Ashamane's Frenzy, Brutal Slash, Ferocious Bite, Maim, Moonfire, Rake, Shred, Swipe, Thrash, Rip) Designer Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
      Hunter
      Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (up from 50%). Designer Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well. Marksmanship Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (up from 5). Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2). Sidewinders damage increased by 33%. Designer Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.   Mage
      Arcane Increased the damage of most Arcane spells and abilities by 8%. (Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Nether Tempest, Supernova) Overpowered now increases the damage and mana cost bonuses of Arcane Power to 60% (down from 70%). Amplification now increases Arcane Missiles damage by 12% (down from 15%). Designer Notes: Arcane has been doing well in 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit. We're giving them an across-the-board damage buff, but tempering that with small reductions to a couple new talents that are proving to be too strong. Fire Increased the damage of most Fire spells and abilities by 3%. (Blast Wave, Cinderstorm, Dragon's Breath, Fire Blast, Fireball, Flame Patch, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Meteor, Phoenix Flames, Pyroblast, Scorch) Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%. Flamestrikemana cost reduced by 17%. Designer Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage. Frost Increased the damage of most Frost spells and abilities by 4%. (Ebonbolt, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, Flurry, Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, Ice Lance, Ice Nova, Waterbolt, Ray of Frost, Water Jet) Comet Storm damage increased by 30%. Flurry now fires its missiles faster. Designer Notes: Comet Storm is failing to live up to expectations, so we're buffing its damage. The Flurry change will help Flurry feel more responsive, while simultaneously solving a potential issue where Winter's Chill could apply to two Ice Lances (instead of just one, as intended) at extremely high Haste levels.
      Monk
      Brewmaster Keg Smash damage increased by 10%, and it no longer deals reduced damage to 6+ targets. Breath of Fire damage increased 11%. Designer Notes: Brewmasters could use a bit of help on damage, especially in AoE.
      Paladin
      Retribution Crusade now increases damage and Haste by 3% per stack (down from 3.5%). Blade of Justice damage increased by 20%, unchanged in PvP. Designer Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more than Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
      Warlock
      Destruction Chaos Bolt damage increased by 9%. Rain of Fire damage increased by 30%. Cataclysm damage increased by 29%. Designer Notes: Destruction's damage isn't as high as it should be. In particular, some of its spells that should feel the most rewarding aren't hitting hard enough, especially in AoE situations. We're buffing the damage of those spells.
      As always, there may be additional PvP-only tuning applied along with these changes. We'll share details on any such changes once they've been determined.

Lore (source)
      We've been following the discussion on the recent changes to the Convergence of Fates trinkets for Retribution Paladins, as well as the surrounding discussions about trinket balance in general, and wanted to give a quick update on what we're planning:
      The original value of Convergence for Ret was wildly out of line with other trinkets, largely due to its interaction with Crusade. After investigation, however, we believe that the change we made may have overshot the mark. We’ll be making some additional adjustments to Convergence of Fate, to make sure that it’s still a good trinket for Ret.
      We’re also investigating Convergence’s value to other classes, particularly those with talents that replace the cooldowns that Convergence effects (such as Dark Arbiter for Unholy Death Knights). Like Crusade, those talents are made significantly more powerful when combined with Convergence of Fate, so we’ll likely need to make some adjustments when those kinds of talents are selected as well.
      We are also planning to improve Nighthold trinkets which have effects that aren’t a stat buff, such as the slam on Might of Krosus. We will post more information about this as soon as we have settled on the appropriate values, and are planning to make the changes with raid resets next week.

• By Starym
      Update: There have been some new blue posts goind even deeper into detail on the matter, check at the bottom of the article for them.
      We get specific details and numbers for the upcoming trinket changes, as well as an explanation and specifics on the Crusade nerf, both coming tomorrow with the reset
      Still no exact stats for Convergence of Fates, but we get an idea of how it will end up in relation to specific specs and talents. You can check out the previous announcement of the changes here.
      Lore (source)
      In general, we’ve found that our tuning on trinkets which relied on a direct damage or healing effect (as opposed to their raw stats) have come up a bit short this expansion. To help address that, we’re making the following changes:
      Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid: Damage increased by 30%. Arcanogolem Digit: Damage increased by 30%. Entwined Elemental Foci: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%. Might of Krosus: Base damage reduced by 25%, but is now always a critical strike. The tooltip for Might of Krosus will display the amount of damage that will result from the critical hit, not the base damage. Also fixed a bug where the cooldown was incorrectly being reduced if Might of Krosus damaged at least 3 targets. Draught of Souls: The Use effect of this trinket now respects the global cooldown. The damage of this trinket is now reduced by 30% for Unholy Death Knights (was reduced by 40%). Designer Notes: Since Draught of Souls deals Shadow Damage, it’s increased by Unholy’s Mastery, which means we needed to reduce its base damage to keep its overall value similar to other classes. It’s currently a little too low, however, so we’re increasing the damage it deals for Unholy. Icon of Rot: Damage increased by 40%. Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire: Damage increased by 85%. Fury of the Burning Sky: Damage increased by 40%. Star Gate: Damage increased by 30%. Aluriel's Mirror: Healing-over-time amount increased by 140%. Detonation effect reduced by 35%. Designer Notes: Aluriel’s Mirror’s detonation effect is strong when it activates, but hard to rely on. We’re increasing the heal-over-time effect significantly to improve the up-front value of this trinket, and reducing the detonation effect slightly to compensate. Perfectly Preserved Cake: Absorb amount increased by 140%. Etraeus' Celestial Map: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%.
      As for Convergence of Fates, we’re spending a little extra time to make sure our changes here are as comprehensive as possible, so we don’t have final numbers yet. However, we can share our overall plan for the changes we intend to make. We intend to reduce its base effectiveness (before talents) for Windwalkers, and increase its base effectiveness for Retribution Paladins and Frost and Unholy Death Knights. Separately, we plan to adjust its effectiveness individually for the following talents:
      Serenity (Windwalker) Crusade (Retribution Paladin) Incarnation: King of the Jungle (Feral Druid) Hungering Rune Weapon (Frost Death Knight) Dark Arbiter (Unholy Death Knight)
      We’re planning to make these changes with the next weekly restarts, alongside the release of Mythic Nighthold. Overall, this should make the trinkets in Nighthold more competitive with other trinkets available elsewhere in the expansion.

And the Crusade nerf explanation:
      Sigma (source)
      We are definitely keenly aware that people feel better when we fix a problem by buffing something, rather than fixing it by nerfing something. If you look across classes and talent rows in 7.1.5, you'll see the great majority of balance issues were addressed by buffing underperforming talents. There are a few factors that go into this decision though, and it generally has to be handled on a case-by-case basis.
      One issue when balancing a lopsided talent row is whether we want the overall power of the spec to go slightly up or slightly down in the process. In the case of Retribution during our tuning adjustments for the opening of Nighthold, we intended to slightly nerf the topend performance of the spec (essentially, the performance of players stacking trinkets/relics/legendaries that all build around Crusade). I know there's no easy way to deliver that message, but hopefully it's at least worth clarifying that it's not some accident of how we chose to balance the L100 row. Players say "why couldn't we buff Divine Purpose instead of nerfing Crusade", for the very understandable reason that the former wouldn't have resulted in a slight DPS nerf. But we were conscious of the slight DPS nerf when we decided to do it this way.
      Another factor is that there are sometimes limits on how powerful we want an individual talent to be, regardless of balance within the row. Divine Purpose and Crusade are both very strong talents, that have a significant impact on the rotation and playstyle of the spec (and as mentioned, on gear/talent/relic/etc. decisions), even at their current strength. Balancing Retribution L100 at an even higher point would start causing more issues--Divine Purpose would allow strings of multiple free finishers very often, Crusade would continue to represent a majority of the spec's damage within a cooldown, and Holy Wrath would have to get even more bursty to try to compete with the other two. Sometimes we have to be careful about addressing all balance problems by buffing two talents up to match the highest one, because it can lead to a lot of power creep on the importance of a single talent to an entire DPS rotation.

Lore
      We'll look into Draught of Souls and its effect for Warriors a bit more. Worth noting that the change to have it on the GCD does mean the trinket will be a bit weaker after these hotfixes for most classes (Unholy DK being the exception, due to the damage increase).
      Regarding the Unholy damage reduction for Draught, again, that's only there to counteract the fact that Unholy's Mastery increases Draught's damage. Either way, its damage is going up by ~17% with this hotfix, which is pretty substantial.
      We'll also take another look at Nightblooming Frond.

Tank trinkets are on our to-do list, but not for this round of trinket tuning. We agree that they need some help.
    • By Stan
      New achievements in 7.2 are tied to flying in Legion, collecting armor sets, unlocking new Artifact traits and reputation paragon. Order Class quests continue and two new tiers were added to Order Hall Advancement that can be researched.
      Patch 7.2: Build 23436
      Achievements
      Most of the achievements are related to unlocking new Artifact traits, reputation paragon and flying in Legion.
      7.2.0 40 Work Orders Sent A Challenging Look  Breaching the Tomb Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two Defender of the Broken Isles Dressed for Battle - Primal Gladiators Dressed for Battle - Vindictive and Fearless Gladiators Dressed to Impress the Fel Horde Dressed to Impress the Nightborne  Explore Broken Shore Fighting with Style: Challenging Grand Master Artificer Legionfall Commander Legion's Bane Master Artificer Paragon of the Broken Isles The Reputable They See Me Rolling Order Hall Advancement
      In Patch 7.2 there are two new tiers you can research. 
      Tier 7
      Research takes 60 minutes and costs 20,000 Order Resources.
      Costs 
      Column A Column B

Tier 8
      Research takes two weeks and costs 30,000 Order Resources.
      Column A
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: See Progression Above.
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      Those that are low we are not in need of but will trial, those medium and high are in need!

deathknight (dd) low demon (hunter) low druid (balance) high druid (feral-dd) low hunter medium mage medium monk (healer) medium monk (dd) low paladin (retribution) low priest (dd) high rogue medium shaman (restoration) high warlock high  
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Headbandit64#1668 (Raid Leader)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Stan
      World Quests have had their rewards updated, demons are invading various parts of the Broken Shore and reputations with Legion factions beyond Exalted yield additional rewards.
      World Quests
      Had their rewards bumped up to item level 860+.

Demon Assaults
      On PTRs, zones are periodically under attack and they switch every 3 hours, but it may be only to speed up testing. Once you zone in, you'll auto-accept the following quests if the zone you enter is under attack, for example Assault on Val'sharah. You have to complete 6 invasions in that area. Assaults are basically the same as World Quests. When a zone is invaded, no World Quests are available.
      An invasion is indicated by a big logo on the world map.

Invasion quests also have different icons than regular World Quests.

Demons are all over the place. You will be closing portals, killing various enemies including commanders.

Flight Master Mount Change
      The flying mount used for transport across the Broken Shore has changed.

Reputation Paragon
      If you've reached Exalted with Legion factions, every 20,000 additional reputation you'll get will award additional caches. We don't know if the caches have an increased chance to give you a Legendary or notable item upgrades, but let's hope the rewards are better, because you don't collect 20,000 reputation in the blink of an eye and getting an item level 835 that ends as a Chaos Crystal is all but rewarding. It's also worth noting that saving all reputation items for 7.2 isn't a bad idea as they will come in handy. Obtaining 10 caches rewards the Paragon of the Broken Isles achievement.
      Dreamweaver Cache Farondis Chest Highmountain Supplies Nightfallen Cache Valarjar Strongbox Warden's Supply Kit
      Image is a courtesy of redditor cardiganz.