The Nightfallen Reputation Farming Guide (Legion 7.3.5)
Table of Contents
- +1. How to Gain Reputation
- 2. Rewards
- 3. Changelog
The Nightfallen are a faction that you encounter in the Suramar zone of Legion. Unlike the other reputations, the Nightfallen actually have prerequisites outside of just leveling. This is mainly due to the fact that you start at unfriendly with them.
You will need to hit revered in order to complete the Broken Isles Diplomat which is part of the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One. Hitting exalted will grant you Friends in a Broken Land, if you do not already have it.
In this guide, we are going to show you where you can gain reputation to reach exalted, as well as what rewards you can earn.
How to Gain Reputation
Starting from Unfriendly
Before you can do anything with the Nightfallen, you will need to complete a quest chain to gain their trust. This quest chain will award you the Nightfallen But Not Forgotten achievement, in which you need to complete 6 storylines.
You will need to be level 110 before doing any quests for the Nightfallen. As soon as you reach 110, you can go to your adventure journal and start the quests in Dalaran to take you to Suramar. There are a huge number of quests in Suramar that are not required for this achievement, so you can find a list of how to start each storyline below.
- Nightfall — This will be your first quest line, given to you by the adventure journal. The quest name is Khadgar's Discovery and the final quest of the chain is Arcane Thirst.
- Feeding Shal'Aran — You start this quest line with Shal'Aran and the final quest of the chain is Feeding Shal'Aran.
- Chief Telomancer Oculeth — You start this quest line with Oculeth's Workshop and end it with Survey Says....
- Arcanist Kel'danath — This quest line starts with An Old Ally and finishes with Kel'danath's Legacy.
- Masquerade — This quest line starts with Masquerade and ends with First Contact.
- The Light Below — This quest line starts with Arcane Communion and ends with The Valewalker's Burden.
Once you have completed all the quest chains listed above and earned the achievement, you will have unlocked the World Quests for The Nightfallen.
Once you have hit level 110, you are able to start completing world quests; these are special quests that you do not need to pick up like a normal quest. Simply open your map and they will appear as long as you are max-level. You can then travel to the zone where the quest displays and it will begin, similar to how bonus objectives worked in Warlords of Draenor.
In the Broken Isles, there are world quests that require you to do the following:
- participate in PvP;
- kill a World Boss;
- complete a dungeon or group task;
- hunt and kill a rare elite;
- complete a pet battle task;
- complete a quest revolving around one of your learned professions;
- hunt and kill a normal elite mob;
- complete a solo quest.
As you can no doubt see, there are a number of different styles of world quest in the game. Only some of them will grant you reputation, so make sure to choose wisely if you are purely farming reputation. It is also important to note that some of the quests are much harder than the others to solo; for example, soloing a world boss is going to be much more difficult than killing a few Naga mobs.
Do not be afraid to group up and tackle the quests together. You will complete them faster and some of them are impossible to do alone. As gear levels increase, many of them will become soloable, but for now, make sure to bring some friends along for the grind!
If you are going to farm the world quests for reputation, we would strongly advise using either of the World Quest Tracker add-on or the Broker_WorldQuests plugin for data broker add-ons. These will simplify the interface of the world quests and let you know exactly what quests you can do, for which reputation and how long you have to complete them before they de-spawn.
For the Nightfallen, you gain reputation by completing world quests in the Suramar zone. Each quest will normally award 50-350 reputation, depending on the goal. These quests have varying reset times, depending on the reward, so they will not always be available.
There are also bonus quests that appear on your server for a few days, which require you to complete a number of world quests in an area. Once you have completed 4 of the world quests in Suramar you can complete a quest with the Nightfallen Emissary (First Arcanist Thalyssra) who also acts as a Quartermaster. This will award you with 1500 reputation.
Kirin Tor World Quests
The majority of the world quests that you complete across the Broken Isles will reward reputation directly with one of the six main factions. There is a small chance that you will encounter world quests that are instead given by the Kirin Tor of Dalaran. The world quests for the Kirin Tor work in exactly the same way as the normal ones, except that they can spawn in any zone.
These quests are often slightly more challenging than normal world quests, tasking you with solving puzzles, such as moving with a bubble and not falling out or following a pattern on the ground, rather than simply killing a certain number of mobs.
Upon completion of a Kirin Tor world quest, you will be given a slightly different reward than normal. Since the Kirin Tor reputation is the same one that existed in Wrath of the Lich King, you are allowed to choose which faction you will gain reputation with.
When you hand in your emissary quest to Warmage Silva (the Kirin Tor Emissary), you can choose between:
- 750 Reputation for the Nightfallen, Armies of Legionfall, Army of the Light or Argussian Reach;
- 1500 Reputation for any other Broken Isles faction.
The Training Scenario
Every few days, you will be given a World Quest to visit First Arcanist Thalyssra. This will start your experience of the Withered Training Scenario, a scenario which allows you to recruit a number of Withered and take them to find valuable resources. The number of recruits depend on the amount of Ancient Mana (the currency of Suramar). To maximise your Ancient Mana farming, please refer to our article on Ancient Mana. you are ready to spend (see costs below). based on your Ancient Mana) Before you can do the scenario, you need to progress through the main Suramar questline. Once you have reached Building an Army, you can start the training scenario. As you begin, you will start the scenario with a number of Withered, based on the amount of Ancient Mana spent. The costs are as follows:
- 8 Withered — 400 Ancient Mana;
- 10 Withered — 650 Ancient Mana;
- 12 Withered — 900 Ancient Mana;
- 15 Withered — 1300 Ancient Mana;
- 20 Withered — 2000 Ancient Mana;
The objective of the scenario is simply to kill as many mobs as you can, while maintaining as many of your Withered soldiers as possible. As you kill more mobs, your score will go up. The higher your score, the better your prizes at the end.
As you progress through the scenario, you will have the option to pick up chests with loot in them that helps your Withered soldiers in the future, such as boosting their HP or upgrading the soldiers. In order to pick up a chest, you need to sacrifice a number of Withered soldiers to carry it back to the start.
The scenario will finish as soon as you die or when you have used up all of your Withered soldiers.
Loot from the Scenario
Not only do you have a chance to get loot for your Withered, but you also get personal loot in a chest. The better your score, the better your personal loot. You can get:
- reputation with the Nightfallen, with the amount depending on your score — maximum 425 reputation per run;
- pieces of gear for both your player and your order hall champions;
- Artifact Power;
- Blood of Sargeras;
- Unstable Powder Box;
- Wisp in a Bottle;
- Fal'dorei Egg;
- Ancient Mana Basin;
- Displacer Meditation Stone;
- Kal'dorei Light Globe;
- Magi Focusing Crystal.
When completing the story and world quests of Suramar, you will have the opportunity to power up the leyline feeds that run underneath the zone. These leylines are channels of power that appear throughout the world, drawing magical beings to them, as occurred with Karazhan and Dalaran.
With your help, the Nightfallen wish to re-open the leyline feeds of Suramar; you will be granted reputation for each one that you fix, whether by clearing an area of mobs or paying a fee in Ancient Mana. The locations of the feeds are as follows.
- Anora Hollow (Power Grid) — This is the first ley station you will encounter when questing through the Suramar zone. It will unlock all the other ley station quests.
- Moonfall (Leyline Feed: Ley Station Moonfall) — You need to find the broken dish and spend 200 Ancient Mana.
- Aethenar (Leyline Feed: Ley Station Aethenar) — Find the broken fragments and spend 200 Ancient Mana.
- Falanaar North (Leyline Feed: Falanaar Arcway) — Spend 200 Ancient Mana.
- Falanaar South (Leyline Feed: Falanaar Depths) — Spend 250 Ancient Mana.
- Halls of the Eclipse (Leyline Feed: Halls of the Eclipse) — Spend 250 Ancient Mana.
- Kel'balor (Leyline Feed: Kel'balor) — Defend the feed from monsters and spend 200 Ancient Mana.
- Elor'shan (Leyline Feed: Elor'shan) — Spend 250 Ancient Mana.
You can find all of the locations on the map below.
Each leyline feed that you find and re-activate, excluding the starter quest in Anora Hollow, will reward you with 75 reputation with the Nightfallen, as well as a permanent buff to the amount of Ancient Mana mobs will drop. This buff, Ancient Mana Scavenging, is gained through quests with Arcanist Valtrois that can only be unlocked after finding the leyline feeds.
|Buff Stage||Leyline Feeds Needed||Quest|
Nightfallen Insignias grants 250 reputation per use. You can find them in treasure chests across the Broken Isles, as well as being a reward from certain Class Order Hall missions.
Certain dungeons in Legion will award reputation for their respective factions. For the Nightfallen, you will not gain any reputation from dungeons.
Duration of the Reputation Grind
Given the fact that there are no strict dailies in Legion for the reputations, it can be difficult to provide an accurate estimate. Generally, getting the reputation to exalted takes between 1 and 2 months for an average player, assuming completion of all of the criteria listed in the guide, every time they are available.
If the world quests available are either on the lower spectrum of reputation gain or are simply not associated with that faction, you might find it taking longer for you. You can shorten the time required by ensuring that you hunt as many insignias as possible in the Broken Isles, as well as ensuring that you farm the dungeons listed in each guide as often as possible.
Once you have reached exalted with the Nightfallen, you will start earning paragon caches. These caches are granted for each 10,000 reputation you earn with a faction after hitting exalted with them. Inside, you have a chance to receive the normal rewards of an Emissary cache, such as gold, as well as a faction specific-mount.
When completing the paragon for the Nightfallen, you will receive the Leywoven Flying Carpet.
The Quartermaster is the same NPC as the Emissary, Marin Bladewing. Below you can find the reputation rewards associated with the Wardens, as well as the cost of each item.
|Footpads of the Nightrunners||friendly||500|
|Irongrove Refugee Boots||friendly||500|
|Scavenged Felsoul Sabatons||friendly||500|
|Treasure Map: Suramar||honored||20|
|Boon of the Manaseeker||honored||100|
|Mobile Telemancy Beacon||honored||300|
|Gauntlets of the Silver Hand||honored||500|
|Gloves of the Black Harvest||honored||500|
|Gloves of the Dreamgrove||honored||500|
|Gloves of the High Priest||honored||500|
|Gloves of the Shattered Abyss||honored||500|
|Gloves of the Uncrowned||honored||500|
|Gloves of Tirisgarde||honored||500|
|Grips of the Unseen Path||honored||500|
|Braided Manastring Cinch||honored||1,000|
|Home Made Party Mask||revered||500|
|Mana-Soaked Amethyst Pendant||revered||5,000|
|Amice of the Black Harvest||exalted||500|
|Amice of the Dreamgrove||exalted||500|
|Mantle of Tirisgarde||exalted||500|
|Shoulderblades of the Uncrowned||exalted||500|
|Spaulders of the High Priest||exalted||500|
|Spaulders of the Shattered Abyss||exalted||500|
|Spaulders of the Silver Hand||exalted||500|
|Spaulders of the Unseen Path||exalted||500|
|Design: Subtle Shadowruby Pendant||exalted||1,500|
|Formula: Enchant Cloak - Binding of Intellect||exalted||1,500|
|Formula: Enchant Ring - Binding of Critical Strike||exalted||1,500|
|Formula: Enchant Ring - Binding of Mastery||exalted||1,500|
|Formula: Enchant Ring - Binding of Versatility||exalted||1,500|
|Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Bracers||exalted||1,500|
|Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Pantaloons||exalted||1,500|
|Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Slippers||exalted||1,500|
|Scroll of Elun'dris||exalted||*|
* We currently do not know how to obtain Scroll of Elun'dris.
- 17 Apr. 2018: Guide updated for 7.3.5.
- 06 Sep. 2016: Added Leyline Feeds.
- 02 Sep. 2016: Added Training Scenario section.
- 25 Aug. 2016: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)
- Marksmanship Hunter PvE
- Heirlooms Overview
- Restoration Druid Leveling
- Mistweaver Monk PvE
- Balance Druid PvE