FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

Alrighty folks, Legion is live!!!!!!

Alrighty all, as of 4 ish hours ago legion is now live and we can play :D (unless you are stuck at work like me :(  )

The raid and pvp sections are now unlocked and ready to be populated. Obviously we have a month before ED launches and I doubt many have hit 110 and are min maxing pvp talents yet. But, they are open and ready for commentary and suggestions :D. Last, I did wake up very early to play around with each dk spec, and get my artifacts for each one (i have several lvl 100 dks, don't judge me). So, for last minuted decisions, here's my quick live legion synopsis.

Blood Dk: Very solid, Very sturdy. The max survival build doesn't leave you with many buttons to push, not necessarily a very engaging tanking spec, but sturdy as a rock. If you die, you are bad. Dps is okay as far as tanks go. Pretty good, rotation flows easy, easy to manage mechanics, 8/10.

Unholy Dk: Complete opposite of blood, we have many buttons to push. Our mobility is terrible, slowest class in the game, you will basically be using wraith walk on CD just to quest so you can move around slightly faster. Apocalypse is just really fun to use. Only thing is it requires quite a bit of haste to get those runes flowing. Feel resource starved from time to time. A simple talent respec fixes this, but until later gear lvls it almost forces you down a certain build. Very involved, fairly complex, but powerful, big dps stick. However, raid utility is gone, and we only have a few survival mechanics now. Dark Succor procs a lot though, its not as strong self healing as death pact, but i haven't died pulling mobs like an idiot soooo, its something.   8/10 without artifact 9/10 with artifact, love me some apocalypse.

Frost Dk: This is a weird one for me. It's fine. Dps is good, decent survival, and you get frostmourne!!! kinda. Certainly the king of cleave, frosts aoe is second to none but single target is sort of weak. Feels almost old enhance shaman esque, im popping like 4 abilities to kill one add. Also don't like that the first artifact trait is a passive. OG we got sindragosa but they switched it to the crystalline swords. This passive is okay damage wise, but the animation is lacking and its a random proc. your super powerful artifact only works when it wants to, lore wise i can see this idea, but a passive as the first unlock is kinda meh. Beyond that, gameplay wise, rune flow is fine, rotation is straightfoward, its an overall okay and solid spec, it just lacks pizazz to me. It basically feels more or less like old school frost always has, and with almost every spec getting a face lift, it fills overshadowed by the rest. so, nothing wrong with it, completely solid fine class just boring, like a basic cheese sandwich.  7.9/10

now these are just commentaries and opinions, there is always pre raid tuning so we don't know how things will fair in the long runs. pick whichever once appeals to you, and happy playing, if you are gifted enough to be able to indulge today, go complete a couple quests for me :D i'll be joining you in roughly 12 hours. happy playing :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, demonardvark said:

(i have several lvl 100 dks, don't judge me)

We would never do that!!!

Thanks for the quick recap, you helped me make my decision: I'll go Unholy and Blood for my DK

5 hours ago, Kirr said:

We would never do that!!!

Thanks for the quick recap, you helped me make my decision: I'll go Unholy and Blood for my DK

yeah thats the same im doing on my main one. honestly apocalypse is just so much fun, it makes me giggle with sadistic glee

just an update and a further clarification of my feelings on frost. The statement that it feels like old enhance shammy is the most accurate. The issue with current frost is no one ability feels really rewarding. MoP you could see 8 million crit obliterates, HFC, you would see 900k howling blasts cleaving everything, frost always had really strong attacks. In many ways that was sort of the focus, pillar of frost to make em stronger, erw to give more fuel for them. Current frost doesn't have one ability that feels really rewarding. I don't get mad at the enemy scream take this and bash that big attack I know will get them. Obliteration i feel is the big representative of this, we use a talent so we can fire off multiple obliterates, the combo attack if you will is the goal. Now once we have fully upgraded artifacts people are claiming they fear howling blast spam will be a thing, however, even then we'll need to fish for rime procs.

so what it comes down to, is its a strong spec, but nothing about it feels rewarding. Apocalypse turns your boils into pinatas, pop those suckers do big damage get zombie candy as reward. Maw, you have a really hard hitting attack that heals you for a lot. The artifacts alone for the other dk specs give rewarding abilities, frost just doesn't have that umph. So, as said, great spec, fine to play, it just doesn't make you feel super strong and lets admit it, thats kinda the point of these kinda of game. To feel empowered, to feel stronger, to feel that progression, and current frost doesn't do it for me.