FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dragore

Arms; Overpower/Slam rotation question

So I just recently came back to my warrior from Cata. I'm trying to nail down my rotation again and I'm just curious about something. Regarding the Arms Warrior DPS Rotation from here(IV) it says MS(on CD) > HS(if applicable) > CS > OP > DR > Slam(40 rage)...

So the Overpower vs Slam is were I need some guidance. Should all my overpower charges be priority before slam? Or if my rage is over 40 use slam till I'm < 40 then go back to overpower.

I'd say to first use up all overpower charges.On my warrior (506 ilvl lfr gear so not something hardcore) overpower easily crits for around 90k per whereas lately i've seen some drop to my slam's dmg.better wait for a more responsible answer before deciding on your rotation though :)

Personally I consider Slam as my primary rage dump. If I'm floating above 60 rage then Slam is my go-to ability. Anything below that then I typically use Overpower. If I'm really high in a rage pool I dump it with a Slam -> Heroic Strike -> Slam combo before going back to Overpower.

Other things to consider (Which is also noted in the Icy Veins Guide) is to remember Recklessness / Skull Banner / T15 4PC. If these are active then you should definitely prioritize Slam. Overpower already has a 60% base Crit chance so it doesn't need the boost from these cooldowns.

Just do not totally neglect Overpower. Remember one of it's benefits is reducing the CD of Mortal Strike. Balancing the two will take practice and you'll eventually get a feeling for when to use one or the other.