FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TrentJosephDePonteII

Multi-dotting on Council

I think I'm going to switch from Destruction to Affliction for Council tonight and had a couple questions as I've never really multi-dotted before.

1. Is the best opener to SB:SS all 4 right at the start?

2. If so, should I then use DS instead of MG to replenish shards or will corruption ticking on all four provide enough?

3. Should I try and keep all 3 DoTs up on all 4 bosses or just Agony and Corruption?

4. My team groups up the bosses, should I AoE at all or just concentrate on keeping DoTs up?

1. I haven't done Council as Affliction, but I'd recommend SB:SS on one target until you've got all your procs rolling, *then* I'd SB:SS the rest.

2. Don't bother with Drain Soul if you aren't in execute range. Corruption should be enough, *especially* at the start when your DoT's are rolling BL haste.

3. You should, for the most part, have enough Soul Shard generation to keep all DoT's up.

4. Pretend you're having 4 single-target fights simultaneously.

I've ranked top 20 on normal council as affliction, you definitely want to keep all targets DOT'd up the entire fight. You can rank top 20 without casting haunt more than 30 times. Hell, I've seen some logs where a warlock ranked top 10 casting haunt fewer than 20 times.

SB:SS on Kaz first, everything should proc almost instantly, then SB:SS the other 3. You should get AT LEAST 2 nightfall procs very quickly which you should use for haunts during Dark Soul. After that save shards for using SB:SS during big trinket/metagem procs. Only time you really want to haunt is during execute phases and after refill from the empowered loa spirit. You should never cast SOC and you should never drain soul outside of execute phase.

I think I'm going to switch from Destruction to Affliction for Council tonight and had a couple questions as I've never really multi-dotted before.

1. Is the best opener to SB:SS all 4 right at the start?

2. If so, should I then use DS instead of MG to replenish shards or will corruption ticking on all four provide enough?

3. Should I try and keep all 3 DoTs up on all 4 bosses or just Agony and Corruption?

4. My team groups up the bosses, should I AoE at all or just concentrate on keeping DoTs up?

Do a few practice runs on the dummies at the Shrine. 4 dummies = 4 Elders. You'll be missing raid buffs which help with procs and damage, but the key elements are there. Things will be much more difficult throwing in mechanics, but if you've got a handle on tracking and maintaining 4 sets of dots then doing it in a fight will be easier!

Addons can help with mutli-dotting and hopefully you have a nice way to track your DoTs.

Aside from that, all the other advice listed above is gold.

Also you might want to consider using the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction. With that many DoTs rolling its very hard to keep them ALL up at their normal durations, the glyph will help you keep DoTs up and actually be able to focus on a single target for a little while.