FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Antalia

Trying to find a cloth circlet I saw

Yesterday I saw a night elf priest wearing a cloth circlet of connected stars, floating above her head. The pattern was very similar to the Fang of Oblivion. I don't see it in the Collections journal, but I know the journal can be flaky about items that incorporate animations.

I was so transfixed by the circlet (and stunned by the rest of the outfit her player had assembled), I forgot to madly click her and inspect to get the name of the circlet before she flew away :(

Does anybody know what that circlet might be? It had a very distinctive pattern of connected stars, very similar to the dagger I mentioned. Thanks in advance!

23 minutes ago, Antalia said:

Yesterday I saw a night elf priest wearing a cloth circlet of connected stars, floating above her head. The pattern was very similar to the Fang of Oblivion. I don't see it in the Collections journal, but I know the journal can be flaky about items that incorporate animations.

I was so transfixed by the circlet (and stunned by the rest of the outfit her player had assembled), I forgot to madly click her and inspect to get the name of the circlet before she flew away :(

Does anybody know what that circlet might be? It had a very distinctive pattern of connected stars, very similar to the dagger I mentioned. Thanks in advance!

Can you remember anything else about the circlet? 

Also, what was the rest of the transmog? I can probably find it easier through that if you remember

The circlet was all white, with connected stars, just a thin circle of them, like a constellation map, very similar to Ulduar drops with that kind of pattern. I assumed, when I saw it, that it had to be from Ulduar (and yet I'd somehow never seen it, despite playing heavily in Ulduar...). I went through the Ulduar drops afterward, and I couldn't find any helmet like it.

The robe was the Squallfury Robes model, with a white shirt under it, I'm reasonably sure.

The rest of the transmog was white-themed, but it wasn't a typical combination of items you see on the transmog sites, that I could find. She had a long staff I didn't recognise, with a circular, flat end on it. The staff was almost all white with a little blue at the end. It trailed a shower of white stars. It wasn't Benediction or anything from vanilla--it was newer, more detailed. It didn't have dangly bits on the end.

I didn't play during MoP, so I wonder if the staff and circlet could be from that. Searching through the drops didn't turn up anything, though. The closest staff I see in the in-game Collections tab is Spire of Coagulated Globules (from Dragonsoul LFR), but I'm pretty sure that isn't quite it, because the handle I saw on the character was almost all white.

And that circlet. I have no idea what it was. And I need it :)

You awoken my curiosity so I needed to make a little research so here what I found:

Hood of the AvatarHood of the Avatar

There also the Circlet of Faith and Circlet of Transcendence but they did not really match the description.

Edited by Kirr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kirr said:

You awoken my curiosity so I needed to make a little research so here what I found:

Hood of the AvatarHood of the Avatar

There also the Circlet of Faith and Circlet of Transcendence but they did not really match the description.

This is probably your best bet. Well done Kirr!

• Like 1

The hood is pretty but, it's not what I saw! There was no head covering - just a circlet floating above the priest's bare head, parallel to the ground. I've looked and looked, and really can't find the thing, so I'm starting to wonder if it was a toy or part of some kind of costume.

On 9/3/2016 at 8:12 PM, Antalia said:

The hood is pretty but, it's not what I saw! There was no head covering - just a circlet floating above the priest's bare head, parallel to the ground. I've looked and looked, and really can't find the thing, so I'm starting to wonder if it was a toy or part of some kind of costume.

It sounds like a toy, honestly. I can't find anything other than the Hood Kirr listed. Was it perhaps some kind of effect from a spell they had on?

A fair suggestion actually, well done Ash. It shares the model that Kirr mentioned, but is more readily available.