FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Carrn

BFA Weakauras -- WIP

Post is still a WIP with BFA's release

Hello Rogues!

Those of you who have been here before know I'm a huge fan of customizing the information available to use outside the default UI. For this purpose I use an addon called Weakauras (link is to Curse).

My personal Weakauras are below. They're all sized and placed according to my UI, so you may want to move or resize or otherwise edit them.

Before downloading these Weakauras, please make sure that your addon is fully up to date. I redid 99% of my auras to use the new Conditionals feature, which is only available in the newest version.

Sub Weakauras.PNG

Custom Skin

In order to get the nice square look that my auras have, I use an addon called Masque (link) with the Entropy skin (link), specifically the Obsidium colour. Part of what Masque does is resize the images, so if you don't have it the auras will overlap

If you don't use the Masque skin, you will have to go into the Weakauras options to reduce the size of and reposition the auras.

General

These Weakauras are for every spec, including Combo Point options and Energy.

Combo Points with Vigor: https://wago.io/BJhb4dyIX

Combo Points with DS: https://wago.io/H1YrNd1UQ

Energy: https://wago.io/HymP4uyUQ

Subtlety 

Timers and cooldowns specific for Subtlety

Cooldowns: https://wago.io/rkUu7dk8X

Timers: https://wago.io/HJHb80WwX

Assassination

Timers and cooldowns specific for Assassination

Cooldowns: https://wago.io/SyiU0RWPQ

Timers: https://wago.io/HyHIIA-vQ

Outlaw

Timers, cooldowns, and buff tracker specifically for Outlaw

Cooldowns: https://wago.io/Ska_URZwX

Timers: https://wago.io/SkYFUR-PQ

Update Log 

2018-08-27

• BFA Release. Full talent builds with some options included. Defensive timers not included.

Future Plans 

• Additional timers for some specs
    • Defensive timers for all specs
    • Like 6

Hello,

First want to say thank you for posting this, has been hard finding a new legion weakauras set up i like. Layout looks very nice, Big thumbs up for that. I did have a few suggestions, not sure if you have already thought of them so here they are:

1. Add Alacrity buff to timers, is very important to keep up as outlaw

2. Would be really nice to see trinket proc's to time burst better. (could be placed on the right side so it is out of the way of other buffs/debuffs, your preference)

3. Add Dismantle and plunder armor timers to the cooldowns, ( pretty sure it is the minor cooldowns on the left side)

All in all, very nice aura setup. Am super excited to use it.

=)

10 hours ago, Ryokujin said:

Hello,

First want to say thank you for posting this, has been hard finding a new legion weakauras set up i like. Layout looks very nice, Big thumbs up for that. I did have a few suggestions, not sure if you have already thought of them so here they are:

1. Add Alacrity buff to timers, is very important to keep up as outlaw

2. Would be really nice to see trinket proc's to time burst better. (could be placed on the right side so it is out of the way of other buffs/debuffs, your preference)

3. Add Dismantle and plunder armor timers to the cooldowns, ( pretty sure it is the minor cooldowns on the left side)

All in all, very nice aura setup. Am super excited to use it.

=)

I'd be glad to add stuff to them, but I'm travelling for the next while before I get to settle down and build a new computer. Once I do that I'll be able to update them as well as post screenshots etc for the other specs.

With regards to your post though:

1. I actually elected to not include Alacrity since it will basically stay up as long as you're in combat. I couldn't really imagine any situation where you wouldn't be using a finisher for 20 seconds. I can add a timer for it if you'll find it helpful, I just didn't want to clutter the timer section which already has a lot going on 

2. I probably won't be making any for trinket procs, for a couple reasons:

•  They don't really change your rotation or alter your playstyle unless it's something like Soul Capacitor was in HFC,
    • Everyone picks up a different set; if I do only the ones that I pick up, not everyone will be able to use them, and if I do all of the available trinkets in the game, it's a ton of work for very little payoff

You're more than welcome to make your own Weakauras for your trinkets, or you can look up an addon I've used in the past called ExtraCD. It does a good job of tracking internal cooldowns and proc chances for trinkets / enchants. I might have the chance to add them later, especially the raid drops, but that won't be for a little while.

3. I usually don't add Weakauras for PvP - I don't track Kidney Shot / Between the Eyes for the same reason, since they aren't regularly used in PvE content. I'm not against it though, and will add it when I have the chance

Like I said above, I'll get around to updating them sooner or later, but since I'm not able to play quite yet it might be a while

No problem at all my friend, no rush. I personally believe  this weakauras will be the most popular for rogues in legion. Due to the fact a lot of other ones are still for WoD and outdated. The more accessible you can make it the more people will want it. 

As far as trinkets go, was not thinking all trinkets in the game as that would be way too much to ask of you. Was thinking more along the lines of trinkets from 810-850 at the moment, then as other raids release you will be able to see the loot tables and add on any others. There is only about 7-10 trinkets that rogues will be able to use from those item level ranges, i understand it does not change rotation, but being able to see our procs would let us better time our adrenaline's to get the maximum dps for those 15 seconds. (again if it is too much dont worry about it)    =)

Adding alacrity to the timers would be more of an ease of life thing rather than needed (it wouldn't be too chaotic with the timers as only outlaw uses alacrity and RTB you already have those icons to the side, not many buffs/debuffs to watch as outlaw). I am using other addons to keep track of those timers at the moment, so not a deal breaker. Though in raids certain mechanics will need you to stop dps totally, and being able to see how long we have left on our 20 stacks is pretty important even if it is very situational.

Dismantle and plunder armor would be very much appreciated if you could add those two to the cooldowns. I can see others asking for this as it is super useful in pvp, and lets face it most rogues love to pvp haha

:]

Even 7-10 trinkets requires me to try to get all of them if only to fix bugs with the auras, and is a lot more work than I was going to put in.

On that note, you don't need to time AR with trinket procs, you should be using it on cooldown unless you need to save it for a specific part of the fight.

Hopefully I'll get to work on them soon. Shouldn't be much more than a week, I hope.

• Like 1

Thanks alot for these WA imports, they are really good and fits perfectly. Actually joined forum just to let OP know it's appreciated!

I'll keep an eye open and see if any updates comes for the pvp betwen the eyes etc comes!

2 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Thanks alot for these WA imports, they are really good and fits perfectly. Actually joined forum just to let OP know it's appreciated!

I'll keep an eye open and see if any updates comes for the pvp betwen the eyes etc comes!

Thanks! Glad to hear they're appreciated :)

22 hours ago, Carrn said:

Even 7-10 trinkets requires me to try to get all of them if only to fix bugs with the auras, and is a lot more work than I was going to put in.

On that note, you don't need to time AR with trinket procs, you should be using it on cooldown unless you need to save it for a specific part of the fight.

Hopefully I'll get to work on them soon. Shouldn't be much more than a week, I hope.

Alright, sounds like it would be more trouble then it is worth. So lets just forget about the trinkets. Also not sure how i overlooked this but a killing spree and blind icon would be extremely useful in the minor cooldowns section as well, two very useful cooldowns. (only just noticed it ahah)

Just now, Ryokujin said:

Alright, sounds like it would be more trouble then it is worth. So lets just forget about the trinkets. Also not sure how i overlooked this but a killing spree and blind icon would be extremely useful in the minor cooldowns section as well, two very useful cooldowns. (only just noticed it ahah)

I don't want to come off as angry (since I'm not) or overly harsh, but like I mentioned in the original post these are my personal Weakauras - they aren't custom made-to-order auras for people. Anyone who likes them is welcome to use them, or use them as a starting point to create their own. If you like how these look and are interested in making a set that is customized for you, I encourage you to attempt making your own. If you get stuck, don't know how to make something, are confused as to how a function in Weakauras works, or are wondering if something is even possible, I will gladly help you out.

I didn't add Killing Spree for a couple reasons: 1) it isn't a minor cooldown, it would replace Cannonball Barrage in the Major section; and 2) it's a bad talent to select for PvE 

As I said I'll do my best to have packages up that include every available talent option for each spec (both good and bad), but it's a work in progress and will take some time (and a working computer)

11 hours ago, Carrn said:

I don't want to come off as angry (since I'm not) or overly harsh, but like I mentioned in the original post these are my personal Weakauras - they aren't custom made-to-order auras for people. Anyone who likes them is welcome to use them, or use them as a starting point to create their own. If you like how these look and are interested in making a set that is customized for you, I encourage you to attempt making your own. If you get stuck, don't know how to make something, are confused as to how a function in Weakauras works, or are wondering if something is even possible, I will gladly help you out.

I didn't add Killing Spree for a couple reasons: 1) it isn't a minor cooldown, it would replace Cannonball Barrage in the Major section; and 2) it's a bad talent to select for PvE 

As I said I'll do my best to have packages up that include every available talent option for each spec (both good and bad), but it's a work in progress and will take some time (and a working computer)

Think my poor english has made you mistake my intentions, i also mentioned in a previous post that these where only ideas that i thought you might have overlooked yourself. Not trying to change your idea. I like what you do was only trying to provide tips that would make this more popular because i like it very much. Pretty much all my angles where from a pvp/arena perspective, and in those situations they become extremely useful. i understand you do not enjoy the pvp too much so it is fine my friend.

=]

10 hours ago, Ryokujin said:

Think my poor english has made you mistake my intentions, i also mentioned in a previous post that these where only ideas that i thought you might have overlooked yourself. Not trying to change your idea. I like what you do was only trying to provide tips that would make this more popular because i like it very much. Pretty much all my angles where from a pvp/arena perspective, and in those situations they become extremely useful. i understand you do not enjoy the pvp too much so it is fine my friend.

=]

No offense was taken at all, don't worry about it.

As I said I'll do my best to getting them updated as soon as I can, keep checking back here for updates :). I'll make a note on the top of the thread when I do update them, with the date I made new ones so you know whether or not something has changed

Thanks a ton for your weakauras imports. They're outstanding, though I've been trying to figure out how to tweak one thing as just a personal preference.

I've been trying to figure out how to change the display order on the RtB's buffs. Rather have them build from one direction or another, I was trying to have them display in static positions so I could essentially sort them in order of their buff value.

Any advice on where to go with that?

11 hours ago, Xynical said:

Thanks a ton for your weakauras imports. They're outstanding, though I've been trying to figure out how to tweak one thing as just a personal preference.

I've been trying to figure out how to change the display order on the RtB's buffs. Rather have them build from one direction or another, I was trying to have them display in static positions so I could essentially sort them in order of their buff value.

Any advice on where to go with that?

You'd have to use a regular group, not a dynamic one.

The Dynamic Group will show every icon next to one another, in a predetermined order. You can change this order by finding the group in the Weakauras addon and using the little arrows next to each icon.

A regular Group doesn't have the power to move icons, it just holds them for easier control. This way, you can place an icon wherever you like it, then put it in a group with other, similar, icons so you can edit or move them together (the cooldowns groups are like this, for example)

If you want to have static positions for each buff, you can remove them from the Dynamic Group and move them to wherever you like. I'm not sure you'll benefit much from this though, as the important part of RtB is having 2+ buffs no matter what - the actual buffs themselves matter very little

Wicked set up man, thank you for sharing.

I have one issue in that the icons for AR and Curse of the Dreadblades wont switch to the unsaturated versions once the abilities are popped. Any help you could provide in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :)

2 hours ago, Whissper said:

Wicked set up man, thank you for sharing.

I have one issue in that the icons for AR and Curse of the Dreadblades wont switch to the unsaturated versions once the abilities are popped. Any help you could provide in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :)

Np

Outlaw Cooldowns should be updated now, if you want to redownload them and make sure it's working for you

I could also share mine if anyone's interested, here's pictures. I wanted something compact, with more interesting combo point markers than yellow boxes and unobtrusive enough for me to see the fire I'm standing in (On purpose of course, I totally didn't Cloak of Shadows on reaction).

The "lesser" cooldowns on the sub one are dynamic groups, they only show up when they're actually on cooldown, the dps cds are always visible. The red splash behind the buffs/debuffs above the energy bar pops up when they're safe to reapply with Pandemic. The sub and outlaw auras aren't as polished yet, haven't gotten small CDs set up for either of them, and I keep track of my Outlaw cds ghetto style for now, don't know why I haven't fixed that yet considering I play it in dungeons, haha.

But yeah if anyone likes the style I could put some effort into cleaning them up and pasting here. Should also mention that the CD overlay on the abilities come from LUI and not from WeakAuras. If you don't have an addon for showing ability cooldowns externally, it'd be easy for me to add them in with WA as well.

SubAuras.jpg

AssAuras.jpg

Gotta Say, this is by far the best Outlaw WeakAuras I've seen yet. Thank you for this.

The Only changes I've made was add timers and small text description above the RtB buffs. and made the all timers slightly smaller and all icons on CD slighty brighter. It was to hard to see which spells were on CD.

Edited by shadyAeQuitas

Hello,

i totally like the setup but unfortunately like shown in the picture i cant get the RtB buffs be as colorful as there. Dunno how to fix it because it somewhat bothers me a lot. Bladefury same and other cooldowns. Looked up in the settings, couldnt find any setting to make it look more colorful. Any1 knows how to fix it?
    Nevertheless great setup! Keep up the good work!

hi there folks i would really love to use that weakaura ..

so i downloadet the addon and those txt files ... where do i add them now ? 

edit: got it,  but is there some way to change the language ??? when i set my game to englisch it works perfectly fine ... back to german and i just have the energy and combo bar and the 4 icons above it 

Edited by Ximero

6 hours ago, yuzu said:

any chance for a ghostly strike cool-down addition to current minor cool-downs? 

It's included in the Timers. Just cast it before the debuff wears off

Hello everyone, I'm new using weakauras and I find very useful yours, carnn.

I hardly even not look at the upper left corner, my character box and look at the center with the addon. I guess it's until I get used to using it.

Playing in a 40-inch TV does not help haha. Is there any way to put the life bar of my character in the center with weakauras? as well as the life bar of my enemy?

forgiveness syntax, I'm using google translator.

On 27/10/2016 at 10:19 AM, Vdeku said:

Hello everyone, I'm new using weakauras and I find very useful yours, carnn.

I hardly even not look at the upper left corner, my character box and look at the center with the addon. I guess it's until I get used to using it.

Playing in a 40-inch TV does not help haha. Is there any way to put the life bar of my character in the center with weakauras? as well as the life bar of my enemy?

forgiveness syntax, I'm using google translator.

Right click your nameplate, there's a menu with an option to unlock it. Then just click-and-drag. :P