Starym

wow New Raid! Mobile App! News from PAX West.

12 posts in this topic

HJUgpeL.jpg

A brand new raid was announced along with the WoW companion app for world quests and missions, Karazhan was detailed as well as the next Suramar campaign.

There were many announcements in the PAX West stream, the new raid and the app being the headliners, so let's take a look at everything:

Patch 7.1 new raid, Trial of Valor

Trial of Valor will be a very small raid set in Helheim, meant to fill the gap between the Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. It will continue the Stormheim story of Odin and Helya, but will also have a part of Illidan's story line in there as well!

562593.jpg

562591.jpg

Patch 7.1 and Karazhan

Karazhan will basically be a 5 man raid as the difficulty will be higher than Mythic dungeons and it will have a weekly lockout. But that's not all - there will also be quests around the tower itself coming with the patch.

As for the dungeon itself, it'll revisit old events and put a new spin on them, with new plays at the opera and a new and much weirder chess room. If that wasn't enough there's also an upside-down and an Alice in Wonderland area.

Legion Mobile Companion App

The app will allow you to manage missions, class hall upgrades, champion and minion equipment/recruitment and daily quest overview. It's coming out this Tuesday for both Android and Iphones.

New Suramar Content

A weekly quest campaign lasting 9 weeks, helping the Nighfallen try to stop the Nighbourne and Legion.

All of this content is supposed to be on the PTR soon and sounds like a pretty content heavy first patch for Legion, which is great!

1 person likes this

Well considering how little content we got for WoD, I am glad to see that Blizzard is taking player complaints seriously.  The app will be very useful and Kara looks awesome!

I am afraid of any raid content starting with "Trial of..." !!! :p

43 minutes ago, Zadina said:

Don't be. After that, we get Felcrown Citadel ;)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Zadina said:

I believe the rule is "Trial of the" and THEN you run for your life.

2 people like this

wait.... adding things people actually want as well as relevant content and enough material to justify a monthly subscription fee?

well I gotta say FF14 Heavensward Wow, is really shaping up :D. Go Square Enix Blizzard devs!!!!

in all seriousness though, the content droughts in WoD were horrific and heavensward set the bar for keeping a constant flow of content available to player. i'm happy the devs are taking note and copying some of the better ideas from their competitors. We don't always need 37 boss raids, as long as you give players something relevant and fun to do, they will stay happy.

1 person likes this

Content with this expansion seems to be burning down quick.  Normal through mythic were done by many members of our guild this first week.  Normal was...  less than difficult.  Perhaps it was supposed to be for 'starter' content...  This is my first expansion since BC when I started, as a member of a previous-content raiding guild.

12 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

Content with this expansion seems to be burning down quick.  Normal through mythic were done by many members of our guild this first week.  Normal was...  less than difficult.  Perhaps it was supposed to be for 'starter' content...  This is my first expansion since BC when I started, as a member of a previous-content raiding guild.

Mythic dungeons aren't really there to challenge us though. Mythic+ is where things will start to get VERY difficult in dungeons. 

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Mythic dungeons aren't really there to challenge us though. Mythic+ is where things will start to get VERY difficult in dungeons. 

Exactly.  Mythic was the challenge in WoD.  Now, just another tier of perhaps moderate difficulty. 

I suppose it must be easier for the LFG's and premades.

7 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

Exactly.  Mythic was the challenge in WoD.  Now, just another tier of perhaps moderate difficulty. 

I suppose it must be easier for the LFG's and premades.

In both WoD and Legion, Mythic dungeons were never meant to be the apex of difficulty. They are just something for 5-man groups to steam through that presents slightly more challenge than heroic dungeons. The Mythic+ system will allow players that want difficulty to have it so difficult they can't kill the first mob of the dungeon, if they want that. You can have M+ dungeons that are slightly challenging, still easy enough to clear, just as you can have M+ dungeons that are so hard you will be seconds before the timer runs out completing it.

I think maybe I was just too geared in WoD to notice the difficulty of Mythic dungeons, but at least in Legion, they were never intended to be particularly hard. They just make undergeared people unable to pull huge amounts.

M+ will bring the difficulty people want.

Yea happy to see that they are actually listening to us 

BTW - Hey guys i'm a new user and look forward to speaking with all of you :)

1 minute ago, SilentzzTV said:

Yea happy to see that they are actually listening to us 

BTW - Hey guys i'm a new user and look forward to speaking with all of you :)

Welcome to the site! Glad to see new faces around :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now