FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ryanharper28

Question about my mage, fire or frost

So basically I have been running frost with my mage ever since I had hit level 90, and I have had pretty good results with it, but recently I have had a few friends tell me to try switching over to fire due to my gear level. I have always been interested in fire but every time I attempt to practice fire on a dummy, my dps seems to be dramatically lower than my usual frost.

So basically my question is as follows, with my gear in the armory below, is my best bet to stay at fire? or go back to frost? Because as of right now, I have no tier pieces and I feel like that could decrease my dps as fire a lot because of these no extra % on crit. Would just like some feedback from fellow mages.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Hadcore/simple

You're not going to see any real difference at that gear level between the two specs (as long as you play both optimally). The big thing is that Frost is significantly easier to play correctly, than Fire is. You are at a gear level however where it's probably in your best interest to start the switch to fire. At the high end, fire (and arcane for some fights) really starts to pull away from frost. Just remember Good Play > Better spec.

So play the one you enjoy and feel competent with! Posted Image

• Like 1

My piece of advice, if your long term plan is to eventually commit to Fire anyways you may as well do it now and get used to playing it optimally. As Vlad already said, you already have the gear to do the same damage as Frost. The sooner you get used to playing the more difficult playstyle the better you'll be down the road.