FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jozzella

Feral- Druid Mythic Dungeons Questions

So I'm getting ready to start running mythics on my feral druid and i'm wondering if its better to sacrifice some boss based dps in order to boost my aoe dps for trash fights more by switching to Brutal Slash especially if the group has lite aoe dps for trash and more add based fights. Any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.

This all depends on the group composition you're looking at. Right now Feral has yet to reach its ST peak (whch comes with Ashamane's Bite which is a week or so off), but if your group can cover AoE well and you can contribute more to bosses, it's a wash depending on how you want to play it. AoE is always useful in dungeons (and in M+ will be even moreso), so your decision should be based more on tailoring yourself to the other members of the group as you said, than what will technically be the highest perrformance.

844 Feral Druid here.

Bosses are all that counts, really. In the beginning will the bosses be what's difficult, then at later stages it will probably swap to trash being the hard part. For some odd reason, that seems to be the case most often from what I've gathered.

Furthermore, I've found that using "Blood Scent" is extremely useful when not at 40-50% crit, if you are not extremely comfortable tagging targets up with Moonfire, paired with Rake, Thrash, Rip, Swipe inbetween, plus keeping up Savage Roar. Can become quite a lot to deal with and most of the time you will just find yourself spamming Swipe to no end, and without the "Scent of Blood" artifact talent it's practically useless anyway.

To answer your question however, yes, Scent of Blood + Brutal Slash is a viable combo in mythic dungeons. You will not find your single target DPS skydiving, but ultimately would you sacrifice it for some quicker trash clears.

Hope this helped!