FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liarparadox

Destro Talents and Conflag issue

A few issues I'm curious about if anyone knows. First, is the 5 seconds buff on Backdraft a tooltip error? Because I'm only ever getting 3 seconds. It also seems the 3 (5) second buff doesn't stack, intended or not?

Has the thinking about the talents changed at all since Furty put together the destro guide? I see Simcraft is using different talents. Is that because of T19 gear or is this a disagreement among theorycrafters? Or simply the difference between speccing for PW fights and real-world raid bosses?

its lower than 5 seconds because it gets reduced by haste. effectively limiting haste usefulness.

Edited by guiche

If this was fully intended, it's likely because with lower haste you would get 5s of the buff, but because of lower haste you would probably still get a somewhat similar amount of casts off within that time. However you would get less uptime on the buff due to a less frequent use of conflag. It balances out and could quite possibly become more effective with haste if you keep what I just said in mind.

Edited by Euko

14 hours ago, Euko said:

If this was fully intended, it's likely because with lower haste you would get 5s of the buff, but because of lower haste you would probably still get a somewhat similar amount of casts off within that time. However you would get less uptime on the buff due to a less frequent use of conflag. It balances out and could quite possibly become more effective with haste if you keep what I just said in mind.

A fair point. Definitely something to consider @Liarparadox.

Thanks for putting this up!