FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Artifacts After Legion

So, what do you think is the most probable theory lore-wise? We need something that will allow us to keep the bonuses that Blizzard think balanced the game well, as well as not being a screw up!

The obvious answer is that we simply keep the artifacts and go on with our lives, with new skins being added in future expansions and so on.

If we don't keep them, I think we will drain them of their power. The final fight will be too hard for us as mere mortals, so we essentially drain our weapons of their power and infuse with it. We become much stronger, get a big buff for the final fight and kill the final boss. 

We then give the drained husk of the weapon to our respective class orders to display as a true artifact for ages to come. We then become the beacon of our classes that we supposedly are meant to be. You get a fancy new title with it, such as:

• The Dreadblade for Outlaw Rogues
  • The Ashbringer for Ret Paladins
  • Name, Fist of the Heavens for WW Monks

We then move on to the next expansion, find new weapons and keep the artifact bonuses that the game was made better by, the bad ones are scrapped.

What do you think? 

On 9/6/2016 at 0:34 PM, Blainie said:

We need something that will allow us to keep the bonuses that Blizzard think balanced the game well, as well as not being a screw up!

Well, most probalby blizzard is going to do something completely new for the next expansion. It's not like the old legendary weapons/items got any love in subsequent expansions.

How relevant was your legendary ring, which you spend so much time and effort crafting together with Khadgar, after Legion went live?... Exactly! ;-)

Also the current situation does not scale well into future expansions. Do you add the same amount of new tarits in to the already cramped UI? Do you just add a few powerful ones? Also, the way artefact power and artefact knowledge, work do not ranslate well into future expansions.

If they are going to keep the artefact weapon system, which I would love, it's better to just start from scratch with new ones.

33 minutes ago, Benhoof said:

How relevant was your legendary ring, which you spend so much time and effort crafting together with Khadgar, after Legion went live?... Exactly! ;-)

How relevant was that ring before WoD though?

The majority of these weapons have lore that spans over many expansions, which means they're not quite as easy to throw away as the rings were!

I agree though, I'd love to see us with new artifacts, maybe from Argus or something

On 9/27/2016 at 6:52 AM, Blainie said:

How relevant was that ring before WoD though?

The majority of these weapons have lore that spans over many expansions, which means they're not quite as easy to throw away as the rings were!

I agree though, I'd love to see us with new artifacts, maybe from Argus or something

My theory has always been that we sacrifice our artifacts at the end of Tomb, either to power the Argus portal or to shut down the current one and 'keep the Legion out forever' - in which case, I also look for either Khadgar, Jaina or Sylvanas to make the Heroic Sacrifice along with it.  

But since Jaina is Queen Azshara and always has been, probably not her.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 0:46 PM, MrEdren said:

My theory has always been that we sacrifice our artifacts at the end of Tomb, either to power the Argus portal or to shut down the current one and 'keep the Legion out forever' - in which case, I also look for either Khadgar, Jaina or Sylvanas to make the Heroic Sacrifice along with it.  

But since Jaina is Queen Azshara and always has been, probably not her.

I actually came here to propose that theory. I agree. I think we are going to sacrifice the artifact weapon to finally put Sarg in the ground. However, from the shattered husk an orb or some crap will appear and we will absorb some of the power. That's enough of an excuse to make the various perks and powers mainstream into our characters ie maximum energy perm increased, abilities additional effects baked in, etc. 

Another interesting thing would be the Dreadlord Jaina route. One big theory is that that when we get back from Argus that Azeroth is going to be flooded and there's going to be a N'zoth, Aszhara, Jaina expac. Would be kind of neat if we fought N'zoth immediately on coming back and it breaks our artifact to show off its power. 

Just something it was a nice change for this xpac but I'd really rather not see the artifacts coming back. It took the joy out of leveling, you didn't get any new abilities or perks or anything for leveling up and there were even no lvl 110 talents (demon hunters obv excluded from this). Also, the power gain was rather slow, grinding out 1 million AP for a basic passive wasn't rewarding to me. I liked it this one time, but never again. Plus farming weapon mogs was always a big thing for me.