FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
doomhammer

DPSing with The Emerald Dreamcatcher:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/137062

I picked this up yesterday and cant figure out the best way to DPS with this.  Am i suppose to save up to 100 astral power then Starsurge 3 times then wrath and get another 20 Astral power starsurge off?

Another option i want to try is capping at 100 then alternating Starsurge and wrath trying to maximize how many 20 astral starsurges i can get.  It would look something like this for single target.

100 Astral power then SS to 60 wrath to 70 SS to 40 wrath to 50 SS to 30 wrath to 40 SS to 20 wrath again to 30 SS to 10 wrath 20 SS 0 then rebuild Astral power to repeat.  Rebuilding would use the new moon charges available.

Either way it seems this will really change how the single target rotation works.  I haven't had a chance to test out my damage finding but wanted to throw it up here to get some suggestions on how to best use this.

Edited by doomhammer
linking item

On 6.9.2016 at 2:04 PM, doomhammer said:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/137062

I picked this up yesterday and cant figure out the best way to DPS with this.  Am i suppose to save up to 100 astral power then Starsurge 3 times then wrath and get another 20 Astral power starsurge off?

Another option i want to try is capping at 100 then alternating Starsurge and wrath trying to maximize how many 20 astral starsurges i can get.  It would look something like this for single target.

100 Astral power then SS to 60 wrath to 70 SS to 40 wrath to 50 SS to 30 wrath to 40 SS to 20 wrath again to 30 SS to 10 wrath 20 SS 0 then rebuild Astral power to repeat.  Rebuilding would use the new moon charges available.

Either way it seems this will really change how the single target rotation works.  I haven't had a chance to test out my damage finding but wanted to throw it up here to get some suggestions on how to best use this.

Personally, I would imagine that the actual difference in options will barely affect the numbers you put out. I actually think it depends entirely on what you, as a player, can do the best. 

Whichever of the two rotations you are more comfortable with, will probably perform best. Are you going to mess up the second new rotation? 

If you're comfortable with it though, I'd probably do the second one. At least if I was in your position I would.