FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kab

New insight with sin rogues.

I was doing some in game testing a week ago and discovered the stuff that is covered in this article. I'm curious to what you exsan build rogues are seeing as far as your dps on ST tank and spank type fights. In mythics I'm pulling 230-250k and in heroics 280k+ I dont even have Surge of Toxins yet which will be another 5% increased dmg from all sources. According to AMR sims, these new weights for stats, Agonizing poison and Elaborate planning with 3+ CP envenoms are putting sin rogues ahead of outlaw. 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2063485-Assassination-Critical-Strike-gt-Versatility-(and-some-other-stuff

2 hours ago, Kab said:

I was doing some in game testing a week ago and discovered the stuff that is covered in this article. I'm curious to what you exsan build rogues are seeing as far as your dps on ST tank and spank type fights. In mythics I'm pulling 230-250k and in heroics 280k+ I dont even have Surge of Toxins yet which will be another 5% increased dmg from all sources. According to AMR sims, these new weights for stats, Agonizing poison and Elaborate planning with 3+ CP envenoms are putting sin rogues ahead of outlaw. 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2063485-Assassination-Critical-Strike-gt-Versatility-(and-some-other-stuff

Honestly nothing in that thread is terribly new. Sim numbers have shown us that for quite a while.

Generic Sims for 840 item level have the following stat weights:

• Crit: 0.62
  • Haste: 0.38
  • Mastery: 0.37
  • Vers: 0.58

The weights in the guide are more reflective of Mythic levels of gear, but your BiS pieces of gear are still going to be Crit and Vers - AFTER item level, which is (almost) always the single most important thing

As it stands right now, the guide shows a very (very!) minute difference between the two - 0.08, to be specific. That is quite literally almost as negligible a difference as you can possibly get without actually being 0. Haste and Mastery are going to continue to be awful for Sin, and Crit and Vers are going to keep being better.

If you are running agonizing poison, mastery becomes more valued than vers according to their numbers. That makes crit>mast>vers>haste as your stat order. If sticking with exsan crit>vers with mastery and haste being utterly useless for you.