FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
unholyjoe123456

Chrono shard trinket is it BIS

8 minutes ago, unholyjoe123456 said:

I was wondering if this trinket is bis for unholy dks,the haste buff seems great,but is there such thing as too much haste.

It depends on your gear level and your current haste rating, also which spec are we referring to?.  Certain stats can have diminishing returns after awhile. That being said yes you can sort of reach a point where you have too much haste. You just reach a point where you are generating runes faster than you can spend them thus wasting a resource. the other thing too is our talent toolkit. So unholy has soul reaper which is preferred for longer fights. That gives you a nice haste increase so the value of a haste trinket is slightly decreased. So, while people want exact percentages haste comes down to playstyle. You stack it until you have enough. Enough is where you can fight without feeling rune starved. Now frost does sort of have a guideline

1. Critical Strike > Haste (to a ratio of 1.3 Critical Strike to 1 Haste);

So, for all three specs it is a very strong trinket and quite good at lower ilvls. Not sure if I would say its BIS necessarily but its a very good choice. I'd say the specs that could use it best would go Blood>Frost>Unholy. Now, that's a personal statement there, I tend to burn runes a bit heavier when tanking just because I like to focus on survival.

So tldr; very strong trinket, good likely until higher gear lvls and amounts of haste, but make sure you aren't wasting the stat. I'd just play on a practice dummy with and without it. If your rotation feels more fluid run with it. :)

Yes I am referring to unholy for the trinket.Right now I am sitting at 24% crit and 21% haste without the trinket.If I replace the crit trinket with chrono shard I sit at 21% crit and haste.My only concern is if I should lose that extra 3% crit for the chance at a heavy haste proc.All my talents are into wounds and also running dark arbiter.I know haste effects my army of dead and dark arbiter and also rune regeneration,but does it also effect my pet attacks?

On 9/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, unholyjoe123456 said:

Yes I am referring to unholy for the trinket.Right now I am sitting at 24% crit and 21% haste without the trinket.If I replace the crit trinket with chrono shard I sit at 21% crit and haste.My only concern is if I should lose that extra 3% crit for the chance at a heavy haste proc.All my talents are into wounds and also running dark arbiter.I know haste effects my army of dead and dark arbiter and also rune regeneration,but does it also effect my pet attacks?

Ugly answer is I would check simcraft and play on target dummies. Gut reaction thought, I would take the haste over the crit just for smoother rotation and lesson time with empty GCDs.