FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zoltrix

Jeweled signet of Melandrus

Hello, I was wondering if the 10% increase to auto attack damage combined with the Haste + Crit outweighs a ring with mastery on it for a BM hunter? Does anyone know or is there somewhere I could join to find a discussion similar to this? Thank you.

What item levels are the rings? What is the other stat on the 2nd ring?

Lots of information missing here.

Sorry, should have included that. I was comparing the signet of Melandrus (+997 Stamina, + 808 Crit, +960 Haste w/ increase auto attack damage by 10%) with multiple other ilvl 840 rings that include +997 stamina, + 758 haste, +1011 mastery.

18 hours ago, Zoltrix said:

Sorry, should have included that. I was comparing the signet of Melandrus (+997 Stamina, + 808 Crit, +960 Haste w/ increase auto attack damage by 10%) with multiple other ilvl 840 rings that include +997 stamina, + 758 haste, +1011 mastery.

Again, run them through sims. That's the only way to get your answer. Anyone who would supply that answer to you directly will have gotten that answer by running them through a sim.

Based on my best guess, swapping out the Mastery for Crit between those two rings will at the very least not be a DPS loss due to the extra auto attack damage and extra Haste. If you were perfectly optimized with Mastery>Haste on every single piece of gear, getting an upgrade that had Crit on it instead of Mastery would generally be a DPS increase because once you have high levels of your primary stat, in this case Mastery, you will get a greater DPS increase point for point from a stat you have very little of.

For example, and these numbers do not reflect in game numbers, if you had say 3000 Mastery but only 300 Crit, and there was an upgrade that had another 300 crit on it compared to another piece that has 300 Mastery on it. The piece with the 300 Crit would offer a greater DPS increase because your total Crit is so low compared to your total Mastery. That DPS becomes even greater when that Crit piece has bonus damage on it like the 10% bonus damage to Auto Shots.

Edited by jmaster299
  • Like 1

A fair response from JM above, I'd sim it for you but I can't right now. Let me know if you don't know how to use Simcraft.

No problem, hopefully it all went well. If you couldn't figure out how to get it working, let me know :)