FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
fleh

Pet choice

So I've been playing without a pet for a long time but want to give BM a go. I can't find much info on how and why to choose your pet. It used to be a big deal but now it seems as if it's purely a cosmetic choice. Is that right or is there still something more to it?

There are lots of pets with all sorts of useful abilities, but none of them will make you do more DPS.

Battle Res will probably prove the most useful in smaller raids. You can also use a pet to cast Heroism. There's other utility such as healing debuffs and slows, but I can't remember anything else useful for raiding off the bat.

For dungeons I keep a lust pet and a brez pet on standby in case they're needed. For solo I run spirit beast in tank spec. For raids I go with whatever looks coolest.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:28 PM, Sawzorthn said:

For raids I go with whatever looks coolest.

Looks = more dps, it's a fact.

spirit pet all the way.   there's a few times where being able to drop an extra heal on yourself, or even better the healer when they eat a poorly timed stun that you can avoid a dumb wipe

it's not game breaking, but it's super useful, and can really make WQ's less painful

For raiding, I use a ferocity pet mostly.  Quielen (sp?) for the brez or a corehound for the heroism (in dungeons, mostly not needed in raids) spirit beasts for the heals.  I keep a Worm on hand for AoE and a warpstalker for cc situations.  I always use a tenacity pet for questing.  You get 5 slots and I switch for whatever's needed for that fight.  Pick one?  Chromaggus, cuz he looks cool.