Damien

Il'gynoth

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Il'gynoth strategy guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2016 at 11:38 PM, JRam13 said:

It's not really clear under dps if #1 is highest or lowest priority. 

#1 is the highest priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You state Nightmare Gaze is cast every 8 to 10 seconds. In Normal and Heroic it goes out every 2 to 2.5 seconds. I've not found a single log where it goes out every 8 to 10 seconds. Raid size appears to only change the amount of damage it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Baloo said:

You state Nightmare Gaze is cast every 8 to 10 seconds. In Normal and Heroic it goes out every 2 to 2.5 seconds. I've not found a single log where it goes out every 8 to 10 seconds. Raid size appears to only change the amount of damage it does.

Noted and passed on. Thanks for letting us know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most raid groups I joined wanted the DPS to focus on Corruptor Tentacles before focusing on Deathglare Tentacles. I think that DPS should focus right like that, but ranges (of if they spawn next to each other meeles too) have to kick Mind Flay of Deathglare Tentacles. If this is kicked most of the time they are not as important as corruptor tentacles because their spread of Spew Corruption does more damage to the whole raid (ofc only if people stay in there).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest SwArmChaOs said:

The most raid groups I joined wanted the DPS to focus on Corruptor Tentacles before focusing on Deathglare Tentacles. I think that DPS should focus right like that, but ranges (of if they spawn next to each other meeles too) have to kick Mind Flay of Deathglare Tentacles. If this is kicked most of the time they are not as important as corruptor tentacles because their spread of Spew Corruption does more damage to the whole raid (ofc only if people stay in there).

 

I'll pass this feedback on, thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did kill this boss on Heroic yesterday after having really good dps 230+. We were thinking that if we went 2 healers and 15 dps, this boss will die easily but that never happen. I am not sure if this a good way to kill this boss. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Abohassan said:

We did kill this boss on Heroic yesterday after having really good dps 230+. We were thinking that if we went 2 healers and 15 dps, this boss will die easily but that never happen. I am not sure if this a good way to kill this boss. 

Thanks for the video of the kill :) It's nice to see community kills that might help others learn a thing or two. For the 2 healers, I imagine they'd both need to very skilled to ensure the raid stays alive. Gear probably also plays a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a few fixes to the guide based on comments here. I'll be speaking with pottm very soon about the strategy for the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fatboss video is dated, your incoming dmg is mostly stacking dots from Ichor's or corruptor tentacles untanked. Mind flay doesnt actually hit anywhere as hard as the video guide states. The strat doesnt metion dispelling which is a key concern to the stacking dot. IMO it's not good to link it here as its misleading and based on old information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Guest Pikey said:

The fatboss video is dated, your incoming dmg is mostly stacking dots from Ichor's or corruptor tentacles untanked. Mind flay doesnt actually hit anywhere as hard as the video guide states. The strat doesnt metion dispelling which is a key concern to the stacking dot. IMO it's not good to link it here as its misleading and based on old information.

I've passed this on, thanks for the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Midsummer Fire Festival is here and there are several updates this year.
      Two new items have been added to the vendor Set of Matches (Toy) that sets you on fire for 500 Burning Blossoms Igneous Flameling (Pet) for 350 Burning Blossoms Heirloom upgrades can now be purchased with Burning Blossoms - the 100>110 upgrade has been added Midsummer gear can now be transmogrified for the duration of the event (This doesn't apply to Midsummer only) Ahune drops Illusion: Deathfrost and you can queue up for the boss at any level Bonefires have been added to the Broken Isles and Draenor
    • By Stan

      Qiraji Guardling is available in Azeroth right now and can the pet can be caught in Silithus. 
      The pet is no tradeable, so you won't be able to sell it, but if you're a pet collector, catching a Rare version will take some time.
      Catching Qiraji Guardling is required for the Kalimdor Safari achievement.
      Flavor Text
      "The sqeaks used by these tiny insectoids may sound cute, but they're actually screaming for your death." Abilities
      Crush (Level 1) Hawk Eye (Level 2) Reckless Strike (Level 4) Whirlwind (Level 10) Sandstorm (Level 15) Blackout Kick (Level 20) Where?
      Qiraji Guardling can be found in Silithus (35, 80), near the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. The pet's at level 17 and two other pets will join the battle.

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Necromancer Skeletal Mages build.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Necromancer Corpse Lance build.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Necromancer Corpse Explosion build.