Damien

Il'gynoth

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Il'gynoth strategy guide.

On 9/20/2016 at 11:38 PM, JRam13 said:

It's not really clear under dps if #1 is highest or lowest priority. 

#1 is the highest priority.

You state Nightmare Gaze is cast every 8 to 10 seconds. In Normal and Heroic it goes out every 2 to 2.5 seconds. I've not found a single log where it goes out every 8 to 10 seconds. Raid size appears to only change the amount of damage it does.

7 hours ago, Guest Baloo said:

You state Nightmare Gaze is cast every 8 to 10 seconds. In Normal and Heroic it goes out every 2 to 2.5 seconds. I've not found a single log where it goes out every 8 to 10 seconds. Raid size appears to only change the amount of damage it does.

Noted and passed on. Thanks for letting us know :)

The most raid groups I joined wanted the DPS to focus on Corruptor Tentacles before focusing on Deathglare Tentacles. I think that DPS should focus right like that, but ranges (of if they spawn next to each other meeles too) have to kick Mind Flay of Deathglare Tentacles. If this is kicked most of the time they are not as important as corruptor tentacles because their spread of Spew Corruption does more damage to the whole raid (ofc only if people stay in there).

7 hours ago, Guest SwArmChaOs said:

The most raid groups I joined wanted the DPS to focus on Corruptor Tentacles before focusing on Deathglare Tentacles. I think that DPS should focus right like that, but ranges (of if they spawn next to each other meeles too) have to kick Mind Flay of Deathglare Tentacles. If this is kicked most of the time they are not as important as corruptor tentacles because their spread of Spew Corruption does more damage to the whole raid (ofc only if people stay in there).

I'll pass this feedback on, thanks :)

We did kill this boss on Heroic yesterday after having really good dps 230+. We were thinking that if we went 2 healers and 15 dps, this boss will die easily but that never happen. I am not sure if this a good way to kill this boss. 

8 hours ago, Abohassan said:

We did kill this boss on Heroic yesterday after having really good dps 230+. We were thinking that if we went 2 healers and 15 dps, this boss will die easily but that never happen. I am not sure if this a good way to kill this boss. 

Thanks for the video of the kill :) It's nice to see community kills that might help others learn a thing or two. For the 2 healers, I imagine they'd both need to very skilled to ensure the raid stays alive. Gear probably also plays a factor.

I did a few fixes to the guide based on comments here. I'll be speaking with pottm very soon about the strategy for the fight.

The fatboss video is dated, your incoming dmg is mostly stacking dots from Ichor's or corruptor tentacles untanked. Mind flay doesnt actually hit anywhere as hard as the video guide states. The strat doesnt metion dispelling which is a key concern to the stacking dot. IMO it's not good to link it here as its misleading and based on old information.

52 minutes ago, Guest Pikey said:

The fatboss video is dated, your incoming dmg is mostly stacking dots from Ichor's or corruptor tentacles untanked. Mind flay doesnt actually hit anywhere as hard as the video guide states. The strat doesnt metion dispelling which is a key concern to the stacking dot. IMO it's not good to link it here as its misleading and based on old information.

I've passed this on, thanks for the feedback!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.