FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LeonusStarwalker

Are "Damaging Spell" Proc trinkets worth it for Enhance?

I'm not sure which of our spells do or don't count as "Damaging Spells" for trinket procs. For instance, I got an 840 version of the Corrupted Starlight trinket from Darkheart Thicket (which is supposed to drop for Ele but not Enhance, so it's intended not to be a melee trinket). I know some of my spells have been proccing the effect, as far as I can tell Stormlash activating does it as does at least one other spell, but I don't know which. Do enough of my spells proc the effect for trinkets like that to be worth using, or are few enough of them counted to make it not proc reliably enough?

Enhancement shamans can reliably proc on spell hit trinkets, rockslide, lavalash, flametounge, frostbrand are all counted as spells. Crashlightning also procs trinkets like these, crashlightning with the talent will actually have 7 instances of dmg for trinkets to proc off due to the AoE field it leaves.

i would recommend the devilsaur stunbaton from su'esh WQ, its currently BiS for enhancement at its Ilvl

Yeah, you've got a whole array of stuff to just spam proc, it's definitely worth grabbing the trinkets that look for damaging spells.

The Tempered Egg procs off of all kinds of abilities, and its damage scales with your Mastery as well. The problem is, its uptime is terrible.

The Devilsaur Shock-Baton is relatively easy to get, though I haven't managed to nab any higher than 830. I'm using an 850 Bloodthirsty Instinct and an 845 WQ stat-stick with Mastery and they are performing beautifully for me. Six-Feather Fan is better for single-target but most of my playtime is on Mythic+ runs.

Yes spell proc trinkets are good for enhance due to a good majority of the rotation being able to proc them. Swarming Plaguehive is one of our BIS trinkets and it is a caster trinket from Nythendra (have to be loot spec for ele to get it to drop or coin).