FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
thunk

Sac vs Service

at what point does sacrifice become better than service? if at all?

i sit on 29% haste and 22% crit, and have the Impish Incineration talent in weap, will this make Sacrifice better than service at all? i maintain 220k with sac on atm

I believe the main distinction is to do with the encounter rather than the stats. 

Grimoire of Service Icon Grimoire of Service is the clear choice for most raid encounters, as it offers the best overall single target damage and improves your burst. Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice starts to pull ahead in situations where you can regularly take advantage of the splash damage, such as dungeons, or encounters such as Cenarius.

If there is a certain stat point that makes one better than the other, perhaps someone can shed some light on it.

Hmm i may need to give service another go, seems like a waste of a trait though...

Also why does the guide recommend rain of fire trait over incinerate damage trait? Wouldnt 9% damage single target be better than 15% aoe?

Well,

I am at 33% haste and 21% crit now. Yesterday I tried sac after a longer period of time: Felt really good (with "improved dps", I was like to see). I will do some sims and dummy fights tonight to be sure.

Regarding traits: Well, I guess guideline is for gearing up, doing dungeons, etc. With this RoF seems to be the better choice, as it does not deal lowest amount of damage. Calculating traits and perks, there should be the opportunity to achieve third perk + incinerate damage ahead of first mythic ID so this should not matter anymore.

O&O,

Fieser

On 9/17/2016 at 6:15 AM, Fieser said:

Regarding traits: Well, I guess guideline is for gearing up, doing dungeons, etc. With this RoF seems to be the better choice, as it does not deal lowest amount of damage. Calculating traits and perks, there should be the opportunity to achieve third perk + incinerate damage ahead of first mythic ID so this should not matter anymore.

This was pretty much echoing the intent of our guide. Thanks for this Fieser.

I don't know about the math but sac was buffed; service wasn't. So sac might actually pull ahead even in ST now. Worth trying in game. I'm not confident about the results right now using Simc, as much as I love the work they put into it.

3 hours ago, Liarparadox said:

I don't know about the math but sac was buffed; service wasn't. So sac might actually pull ahead even in ST now. Worth trying in game. I'm not confident about the results right now using Simc, as much as I love the work they put into it.

When was sac buffed? It isn't in the recent hotfix notes.

On 16.9.2016 at 7:24 PM, thunk said:

Hmm i may need to give service another go, seems like a waste of a trait though...

I want to clear one thing up: the Trait Impish Incineration changes depending on Talent choice, If you spec into Supremacy, you gain Doomguard damage, Service improves Imp damage and Sacrifice improves Demonic Power (the GrimSac proc) damage - the Trait is not wasted and adjusts to your Talent choice.

I can't proide an answer to wether GrimSac can outscale GrimServ, but the pattern of past content shows that it could happen at some point during the expansion.
Simplest way to find out: wait for the 880 Item Level Sims (or help creating them), which should answer the question for the current tier.