FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
atselzer

consencration duration increase why?

What exactly does increasing the consencration duration do? Does it get extra dmg ticks in? without any points in [consencration in flame] you can have it up 100% of the time. Is it worth putting a point in?

I would suggest at least one point because if you think about it, if you can use fewer GCDs on "static" damage it will increase your overall damage. The increase will be hardly noticeable, but being able to hammer on procs as soon as they pop is always a nice feeling.

Having a longer duration on Consecration lets you overlap them, and both count. For example, with my current gear I have 5 ranks in Consecration in Flames and ~19% Haste; Consecration has a 7.58 second cooldown but lasts for 12 seconds, so for almost half of the duration I get 2x the damage ticks and 2x the healing ticks.

Also, Consecration is one of your best abilities - you should be prioritizing it Judgement > Consecration > Avenger's Shield (or J > AS > Consecration for a very minor increase in survivability, thanks to the absorb from Bulwark of Order). A GCD spent casting Consecration is never wasted. :D

3 hours ago, Keerith said:

Having a longer duration on Consecration lets you overlap them, and both count. For example, with my current gear I have 5 ranks in Consecration in Flames and ~19% Haste; Consecration has a 7.58 second cooldown but lasts for 12 seconds, so for almost half of the duration I get 2x the damage ticks and 2x the healing ticks.

Also, Consecration is one of your best abilities - you should be prioritizing it Judgement > Consecration > Avenger's Shield (or J > AS > Consecration for a very minor increase in survivability, thanks to the absorb from Bulwark of Order). A GCD spent casting Consecration is never wasted. :D

Don't forget the bonuses to your heal and such!

It's definitely a fantastic ability, I simply meant that you spend less time needing to refresh it rather than popping SoTR or the heal in a time of need.