FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
whoislou

Feral rotation video request

24 minutes ago, ixjd said:

It might be an oversight on his part (probably not). Don't forget, you don't necessarily need to be the smartest/best player (not by a longshot :P) to get rankings. Versatility will increase 100% of your damage but it is more costly per 1% increase than Mastery, which increases about 45%+12%+3% of your damage. The added benefit of Versatility is decreasing your dmg taken and increasing your healing, which is a factor in progression.

350 crit = 1% crit
175 mastery = 1% mastery
400 vers = 1% extra dmg / 0.5% less dmg taken / 1% extra healing done

In terms of raw damage, assuming 60% total damage is from bleeds, 175 mastery is roughly equal to ~240 versatility (unsure how vers/mastery affects Ashamanes Rip, so the actual versatility equivalent is between 200 and 300) But, as I said he may be doing his part to reduce dmg taken as well. In fights where you're not always on your target, versatility loses DPS value and mastery gains. If you're on your target for a reasonable amount of time (enough time that you're shredding / attacking 90% of the time) then versatility is roughly equal in value to mastery. During Berserk/Incarn, mastery is worth significantly less than versatility.

Honestly I don't feel like I'm the best person to ask to look over logs. What I can see from this particular log, Rip uptime is lacking, Rake uptime is lacking (there's almost no reason this should be less than 90% even with running out for Rot), you're using Incarnation with (I presume) a Mastery build which means you're going to be significantly lower than you should be. If we accounted for the missing buffs you mentioned, you'd probably be about 220-230k on that fight, which still leaves some to be desired. If you REALLY want to be doing Incarn/Blood Scent, then gear for it. Mastery isn't as important as Vers/Crit/Haste (in that order, Vers/Crit are a LOT more important than haste, but that priority is correct. You probably want about 30% of crit at the minimum, and stop getting it at 40%).

I can't send you settings, NeedToKnow is a very old addon that I've been using since Wrath. I never enjoyed WeakAuras or whatever else people are using. Basically you rightclick on the empty bar and put in the info for what to track.

Once again, thanks for the answers. I guess I will practice my SR/LI rotation some more, and if I decide to go with Blood Scent and Incarnation I will try to gear for it. But how much versatility should I go for then? Can you give me more precise numbers?

So this trinket dropped last night when I was raiding: Spontaneous Appendages. I rolled for it, but I chose to give it to one of my guild mates who could use it more than I. Or atleast that was what I was thinking, some of my guild mates thought otherwise. The trinket I have the trinket I could have switched it with is an agi trinket with mastery (1023 agility and 865 mastery) - I said to my guild mates that my main stat is agility so the one I already have would be better for me, but they said that the other one has mastery aswell and the "equip chance" will be putting out more damage in the long run. What is your opinion on that?

Just now, Pellegrini said:

Once again, thanks for the answers. I guess I will practice my SR/LI rotation some more, and if I decide to go with Blood Scent and Incarnation I will try to gear for it. But how much versatility should I go for then? Can you give me more precise numbers?

So this trinket dropped last night when I was raiding: Spontaneous Appendages. I rolled for it, but I chose to give it to one of my guild mates who could use it more than I. Or atleast that was what I was thinking, some of my guild mates thought otherwise. The trinket I have the trinket I could have switched it with is an agi trinket with mastery (1023 agility and 865 mastery) - I said to my guild mates that my main stat is agility so the one I already have would be better for me, but they said that the other one has mastery aswell and the "equip chance" will be putting out more damage in the long run. What is your opinion on that?

Not really. Versatility and Mastery don't have DRs and thus continue scaling infinitely. Crit hard-caps at 40% (with bloodscent, 50% without). Haste you really don't need more than 10% of. 

You were right regarding the trinket. At the moment at least, none of the trinkets are worth giving up mainstat for.

3 hours ago, ixjd said:

Not really. Versatility and Mastery don't have DRs and thus continue scaling infinitely. Crit hard-caps at 40% (with bloodscent, 50% without). Haste you really don't need more than 10% of. 

You were right regarding the trinket. At the moment at least, none of the trinkets are worth giving up mainstat for.

Regarding AOE damage.. How do I improve my AOE damage?? It's critical for mythic dungs, and I am doing my very best to pull out as much as I can. I use Predator instead of Blood Scent to keep up TF alot, I try to buff my Trash and Swipe with Blood Talons, and I even use Incarnation sometimes - but it's still shit!

7 hours ago, Pellegrini said:

Regarding AOE damage.. How do I improve my AOE damage?? It's critical for mythic dungs, and I am doing my very best to pull out as much as I can. I use Predator instead of Blood Scent to keep up TF alot, I try to buff my Trash and Swipe with Blood Talons, and I even use Incarnation sometimes - but it's still shit!

Change class. Feral can't AoE, even with Brutal Slash. When you get to higher M+ mobs live a lot longer and you'll just spread rips every CP while using generators on priority target.

Edited by ixjd

17 hours ago, Pellegrini said:

Just to add what was said above - In high M+, you'll simply be BTing and bleeding. Feral isn't the most exciting thing to play on AoE, nor is it that amazing. 

It's why people often forego Brutal Slash in high M+. You're not good at AoE, so there's no point making yourself slightly better than awful at sustained AoE and damaging your best thing, ST.