FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

Challenge Mode Questions

I'm a notorious min-maxer and I just cant seem to find a decent way of reforging my stats as a healer to benefit myself for the breakpoint and then maxing my secondary stat.

I did all the challenge modes on my druid back in Oct-Nov of 2012 and even got Realm First Gold. I haven't done them in a while and have long since switched to my monk as my main healing class. There is a possibility that I will be going for some Realm Best time to compete with the times that my guildies have started putting up to try to get the titles and FoS for the next patch.

My question is:

• Has anyone found a useful way of trying to get a haste breakpoint for challenge modes so that you can pool the rest of your stats into another secondary stat?

• How much of a difference do extra sockets make on higher level gear? (This will decide if I use my low ilvl druid or high ilvl monk)

• Would farming a full 463 set for challenge modes provide less or equal benefit than using my higher ilvl gear?

More sockets = more stats. Also, legendary meta gem and all trinkets work, but I don't suggest the new trinkets because of RPPM design. 463 itemized trinkets have a 50% proc modifier, so literally half of the 528 item level equivalents. Relic of Yu'lon (healing equivalent) and such are far better because they proc at set intervals. If you have a super geared toon with lots of gem slots, I'd take that.

Legendary meta gem and 4pc (not sure about 2pc) definitely DO NOT work in Challenge modes. I went in there to try to get a silver SM for someone and found myself starved out the ass for mana (probably 3k~ spirit with not gem) because I rely on it so much.

The legendary meta gem's caster DPS version was not working for me. I have been doing all CMs on mage last week and I didn't have a single proc. OR, my tracker was not working, but why wouldn't it, if it works outside of CMs? :)

I'm redoing challenge modes to get my girl her gear, and my Meta gem definitely proc'd. I was spiking up to 170k damage, which at 463 item level, is pretty monstrous. What I DID notice was Breath of the Hydra and Unerring proc'd 1 time in 12 minutes. That was disappointing.

I suppose when I go try it again for the realm times I'll check my meta. But I specifically remember not seeing it proc..

I would appreciate that. Thanks, specifically if you have a healer with it too that can show me that proc, if not, no matter.

all set bonuses and all things legendary quest related should not work in challenge modes. they were designed to be doable on gold with all of the original 463 gear on.

i dont really know what to do if you're not a disc priest healer in cmodes. the best thing you can do is maximize amount healed per cast and then buy those Klaxxi amber things for mana, since you will probly need one every time you get out of combat and they are by far the fastest mana regen option.