FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sargerik

my Mythic Darkheart Thicket

16 hours ago, Sargerik said:

this is my log from the mythic i just ran as im new to healing id love some tips and feed back on my performance and where i can improve

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F4AjanyH7LfCKGxd/

It's hard to base everything off of 1 log, but I did find a few things:

Uptime on Lifebloom could and should be higher. I've only looked at the boss encounters, and you had 85%, 54%, 57% and 71% uptime on it. Refreshing it might be a pain when a lot of stuff is going on, but it's still worth mentioning it should be a bit higher (Not in the least cause you get clearcasting procs - aka no-mana cost heals :D)

Pairing SOTF proc with Wild Growth does some nice healing (Sticking to the logs from this dungeon, it pretty much takes care of the damage done by Shattering Earth by Oakheart or Dresaron's Down Draft).

Talent choices:

IMO Spring blossoms isn't really worth it if it can't consistently heal 3+ people. Your group setup only has 2 melee (1 tank and a rogue). It only did between 1,5-4% of your healing done on each fight, so apart from your other heals benefiting from the HoT through our mastery, I'd suggest trying out Germination for 5mans. 

Germination might also help you heal your group a bit faster. Especially during your Dresaron fight, it seems to take you quite a long time to heal your group back up after they've taken damage. (Again, SOTF + WG = very nice)

Anything you don't agree with or any other questions, feel free to ask :)

thats what i was looking for and im also wondering about resources spent  am i wasting mana using insufficient heals and what should i look at log wise to see how im doing compared to other healers in my grp. ie: as a long time hunter i looked at to see if i was focus capping or how many CS i got off in a fight ect ect

thank you for your reply 

40 minutes ago, Sargerik said:

thats what i was looking for and im also wondering about resources spent  am i wasting mana using insufficient heals and what should i look at log wise to see how im doing compared to other healers in my grp. ie: as a long time hunter i looked at to see if i was focus capping or how many CS i got off in a fight ect ect

thank you for your reply 

You're not wasting that much mana. If you were, you'd probably drop below 40% mana more often with that kind of damage going around.

Still some improvement though. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I assume you're using Prosperity. That allows you to use a lot more Swiftmends per fight than you've actually been using so far. Normally I wouldn't mention this, since you don't have to use Swiftmend off-cd of course, but looking through your cast log there's a few moments when you're casting multiple Regrowths in a row in the same person. Regrowth is not exactly mana-friendly, and you should refrain from spamming it as much as you possibly can. You would save some time and some mana if you were to use SM first, then use a SOTF empowered Regrowth (Regrowth costs 50% more mana than SM) + the SM + SOTF Regrowth combo heals for a lot more than 3-4 regular Regrowths would.

Already mentioned LB uptime, more uptime = more clearcasting procs = more free heals. Don't know howmuch mastery you have but with 100% (or as close to) uptime on LB and Rejuv, tanks won't need any spammy healing at all (unless they fuck up).

One final thing, and it (again) has to do with spam healing, is the Stonebark talent in your talent tree. Is a nice little buff to your tank healing and imo defo worth it. This is all for 5-man dungeon content btw.

Comparing yourself to other healers, especially non-druids is pretty hard imo. Depending on your raid setup, you probably won't have that many druids in the same group, and comparing yourself to druids from other groups depends on so many factors that are decided by the group itself, which makes is less clear cut than your own example of looking at focus capping or CS for hunters.

HOWEVER, I would def look at LB/Rejuv uptime (I'm gonna keep mentioning this one ;p), the amount that Tranq healed for (You wanna get the most out of this one).

Also check out overhealing per spell (if for example 80% of your WG is overhealing, you're not using it right)

Also look at howmuch healing you've done per spell (%-wise) Sometimes this doesn't say anything, but let's say you're in a AoE heavy fight that requires you to stack a lot, you wouldn't want things like Efflorescence and Spring Blossoms (if you're using that for raiding) to be at the bottom of your healing done, while things like LB, HT and Regrowth are high up. I get that last one might be a bit vague, but that's the best I can give you ;p

thank you again so much and yes im going Prosperity SOTF and when in 5 mans ill switch up some talents based on groups , i didnt think to do that until you mentioned it . This x-pac will be my 1st foray into being a main spec healer as ive nvr played one b4 hence why im probably missing some nuances of healing that you had pointed out , and i will correct. ill post more of my mythic runs and of course my raids when we start that up in a few weeks .

I will be making it a point to keep LB upkeep as high as i can as well as Rejuv , and ill also check on my overhealing  per spell as i agree that seems to be able to tell alot on how im using that spell and should show some resource waste if the OH is too high when another heal would have done the job for less . I do tend to spam regrowth alot just do to its fast cast time and but as i have watched some youtube mythic runs  ive noticed alot more HT being cast which ive started to incorperate when they are necessary and started to cast RG more with a SOTF or a clearcast .. 

Again thank you so much for your feed back there Mitrez as it has cleared some things up for me