FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SilentzzTV

Outlaw vs Assassination vs Sub

Just a quick question, I 'm currently leaving a rouge and it's been a while since I last played on this character, So i was just wondering Which is the best spec and for what because these legion changes got me f**ked up 

Thanks,

-SilentzzTV

19 minutes ago, SilentzzTV said:

Just a quick question, I 'm currently leaving a rouge and it's been a while since I last played on this character, So i was just wondering Which is the best spec and for what because these legion changes got me f**ked up 

Thanks,

-SilentzzTV

Currently, OTL is the top tier spec for Rogue due to sheer damage and versatility. Usually Sub scales late in the expansion, and Sin is quite strong early, but falls behind a bit (given you're using bleed spec) - not sure how poison spec is doing, haven't played it yet.

But for leveling, either is doing really well. If you're focusing on raiding and such, go OTL. PvP, Sub is really good with the whole mobility and control it can give you. Sin I don't know exactly where to place - it's there, can be used in both, but other specs shine a bit more.

Hope this helps.

Pretty much what Lip said.

Outlaw is currently the favourite spec for many players because it performs about equal to Assassination on Single Target but vastly out performs it on AoE 

Some people are making their second spec Sub, because Sub scales very well and will be stronger than Sin (but not quite as strong as Outlaw in general) on Single Target once higher level (Mythic Raid) gear is acquired

Sub and Sin both seemed to be preferred for PvP at the moment, due to Sub's ridiculous control and on demand burst, and Sin's really high burst output. However, Outlaw isn't bad for this and there are many people who are also playing OL for PvP

So, what is the poison spec for sin Rogues? I've been trying to figure it out. I feel pretty clunky trying to rely on Agonizing poison and master poisoner. Maybe try.. Master Poisoner, Nightstalker, Vigor, Elusiveness, Thuggee, Alacrity, Venom Rush?

I feel like vigor would be good to get out more envenoms, not sure though.

Stack Mastery>Crit.

The talents I saw are:

1. Elaborate Planning
  2. Nightstalker
  3. Deeper Stratagem
  4. Agonizing Poison
  5. Venom Rush

I haven't used it yet, my Kingsbane is lacking 1 relic slot. I can't reliably test it. =/

• Like 1