Stan

Blizzard Servers Targeted By DDoS Day#2

13 posts in this topic

AHC770UXWJ7Z1376505580138.jpg

Blizzard servers continue being victims of DDoS attacks for a second time during less than 24 hours.

First Attacks

It's been a busy day for Legion yesterday. The release of the Emerald Nightmare, World Bosses and Mythic+ dungeons, you all know it. 15 hours ago, the service providers began being affected by DDoS attacks. These usually cause immense in-game lag, disconnects and not being able to reconnect afterwards. The servers were attacked for almost two hours until this issue got resolved. Here are the corresponding tweets from Blizzard's Customer Service.

Attack #2

While this time is really strange for attacking (5 AM EST) the attackers continue with a second wave. 

Many players are reporting loss of Ancient ManaAncient Mana Withered Army Training and all the issues that come with disconnects such as losing Mythic KeystoneMythic Keystone.

It's unknown if there will be more attacks in the coming hours, but we'll keep you updated. In the meantime, you can read the discussion on reddit and follow BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates.

yeah im pretty butthurt by these attacks, at the end of my first mythic + keystone dungeon with my group, we all got hit with a lag spike from it, my latency shot up to like 3k, so as I was trying to bash buttons and burn the boss nothing was happening, we failed by three seconds because of it. 3. seconds. time was 30:03. All five of us rage quit at that point. 

even then its like why do this? are you so mad that blizz changed something in the game? it's like the DDOS ers have come childish rage that won't get over. 

People doing DDoS attacks = people in need of attention and that can't get any achievements in life other than piss off people!

5 hours ago, demonardvark said:

even then its like why do this? are you so mad that blizz changed something in the game? it's like the DDOS ers have come childish rage that won't get over. 

I agree with this.  I mean, really, what point is this making?  It's senseless and childish.  This isn't some political cyber attack or some kind of big message.  It's a few jerks who want to ruin other people's fun.

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I've been just sitting here kinda going.. What DDOS? EU-life boys

I literally LOL'd at this in the middle of the office!

4 hours ago, greatCraft said:

Low lives. "My purpose in life is to make other people miserable."

They must gank low levels in low level zones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostdeini said:

I agree with this.  I mean, really, what point is this making?  It's senseless and childish.  This isn't some political cyber attack or some kind of big message.  It's a few jerks who want to ruin other people's fun.

I literally LOL'd at this in the middle of the office!

I was fine at launch but im hit bad right now, might end up missing my own runs i have scheduled and raid :(

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

I was fine at launch but im hit bad right now, might end up missing my own runs i have scheduled and raid :(

That sucks. Still nothing over here on EU :( COME TO THE RIGHT CONTINENT

37 minutes ago, Blainie said:

That sucks. Still nothing over here on EU :( COME TO THE RIGHT CONTINENT

i found a substitute tank, i told them to have fun but not too much fun because I don't want to lose my spot in my own group XD

10 hours ago, demonardvark said:

i found a substitute tank, i told them to have fun but not too much fun because I don't want to lose my spot in my own group XD

RIP demonardvark's M+ career, 2016-2016

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Blizzard has updated the Battle.net app today with emoji support, chat history and friends listing.
      Below are the latest patch notes of version 1.9.0.9397.
      Blizzard
      Build 9397
      Feature Updates
      We made some updates to how you sort friends and other settings on your friends list:
      "Group Favorites" Setting:  Group all favorited friends together rather than being mixed throughout your friends list. "Sort by Activity" Setting: Friends will be grouped together when playing the same game or in Battle.net rather than sorted alphabetically. Showing and Hiding Offline Friends: You now have more control over how offline friends are displayed in your friends list. We also added chat history to make it easier to keep a conversation going.
      Closing Battle.net no longer clears chats messages with friends. Messages will now be stored for 28 days. Last but not least, emoji support is here!
      Feeling spunky, giddy, cranky, or any other emotion? Try copy and pasting emoji into chat messages! Bug Fixes
      Fixed an issue that was preventing users from initializing Streaming on beta builds. Fixed a bug that caused games to sort incorrectly. Hearthstone will no longer become unresponsive in certain circumstances when Streaming is enabled.
    • By Starym

Today isn't just a big day for WoW with patch 7.3, but we are also getting the Destiny 2 open beta! The consoles have had their go and the PC beta has already been improved based on the feedback from the console players. If you pre-ordered the game then you've been playing the beta since yesterday, but for the rest, you can now start downloading it on the Blizzard/Battle.net app and it will last through August 31st, so you'd better get in there in the three days that it's up!
      Here are some videos to pass the time while the game downloads:
      Some PC gameplay, from the first story mission:
      Then we have the villain introduction:
      And the big name NPCs that were so prominent in Destiny 1:

• By Starym

Not that it ever truly left, at least as far as players were concerned, but Blizzard have announced a return to the old naming convention, with a small addition. We will now have the "Blizzard Battle.net" name for the service!
      The decision comes after a weird set of events where Blizzard wanted to move away from the original name, renaming the launcher the "Blizzard App", but then again referring to it as Battle.net during the Destiny 2 PC reveal, and then later calling it "an exception" . In any case, we welcome the old name back and are happy to see any confusion being resolved.
      Battle.net (source)
      When we announced that we’d be transitioning away from the Battle.net name for our online-gaming service, we suspected that the shift would be challenging. We understood that Battle.net stood for something special—it represents years of shared history and enjoyment, community and friendship, for all of us and our players.
      Battle.net is the central nervous system for Blizzard games and the connective tissue that has brought Blizzard players together since 1996. The technology was never going away, but after giving the branding change further consideration and also hearing your feedback, we’re in agreement that the name should stay as well. Take it from the developer formerly known as Silicon & Synapse, and Chaos Studios, names are important too.
      Moving forward, to help offset some of the original concerns we listed back in September, we will be connecting “Blizzard” to “Battle.net” in our logo for the service and in general when we refer to it in print: Blizzard Battle.net.
      We appreciate your feedback and look forward to many more years of bringing players together online.
      Thanks,
      Blizzard Entertainment
    • By Starym

We already saw the big gameplay reveal and announcement that Destiny 2 was coming to PC via battle.net, but now we know when as well! It's the height of E3 at the moment, so it's no surprise the news came today: while the console versions will be out over a month and a half earlier on September 6th, the PC will be getting the game on October 24th and you can pre-order it now:
      Placeholder for tweet 874455946499510276 There's also a new trailer, unfortunately showcasing a lot of PS4 exclusive content, but it's still worth a watch as it focuses on the main bad guy of the game:
      And here's the official customer support post to go with the pre-order news:
      Blizzard (source)
      Breaking News: Destiny 2 Pre-purchase Support
      Welcome Guardians new and old! Blizzard is pleased to be working alongside Bungie to support the release of Destiny 2 on PC. Whether you are a currently part of the Blizzard community or just joining us, we want to make sure you have a great experience with Destiny 2. Below you will find some common issues players encounter when setting up, or recovering a Blizzard account as well as some helpful troubleshooting should you run into any issues with your purchase of Destiny 2.
      New Blizzard Accounts Having a Blizzard account is required to purchase and play Destiny 2 for PC. To create a Blizzard account, please visit the account creation page here. If you are creating the account for a minor child, please create the account using the parent or guardians’ information. This can be updated later once the minor has reached the age of majority.

Existing Blizzard Accounts If you already have a Blizzard account, you are one step closer to purchasing Destiny 2 for PC! Login and visit the online shop to begin your order process!
      If you are unable to log in with your Blizzard account, please check the articles below:

Completing Your Purchase Once you are logged in, you can find Destiny 2 for PC available on our online shop. Select the version of Destiny 2 that you wish to purchase and proceed using the Pre-purchase for Windows button. A list of accepted payment methods is available here. Keep in mind that the Blizzard online shop does not currently allow purchases to be split across multiple payment methods.
    • By Starym

A Blizzard rep says the mentions at the Destiny 2 event were a one time thing and it's still called Blizzard Launcher.
      There was a lot of speculation after the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal event where Mike Morhaime showed up at the end to announce the game would be coming to PC exclusively, since he said it was coming to "Battle.net" specifically. Just in case people thought he might have misspoken, the same was repeated many times in the accompanying press release, which was strange since Blizzard retired the Battle.net name and re-branded it to Blizzard App in March. 
      The speculation was mostly about whether Blizzard had changed their minds, or whether Battle.net was indeed still the name of the general framework and it was only the launcher that was renamed or something else entirely. In any case and, pretty ironically, it all sounded very confusing which was exactly what Blizzard was trying to avoid by renaming it in the first place, as you can read in their original announcement from last year.
      Well, as it turns out the Destiny 2 event was a one time thing, as a Blizzard representative confirmed to Polygon:
      Well, that at least clears things up, right? It seems the Battle.net name was too recognizable not to use for the Destiny 2 PC announcement, but they're sticking with the change after that.