FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sniz

Oh Jewelcrafting how you troll me so...

Besides the hot topic that gems per prospect is ridiculously low, I saved up some blue quality gems to make a "Prophetic Band", item level 815.

20k worth of mats and a few days later (after having it sit by itself on the AH) I realized it is NOT upgradable with obliterum.

Im wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. Ive researched looking for an explanation, to no avail...

My last resort is to open a ticket, but first I wanted todo everything I could to see if there was something I overlooked.

Any help would be appreciated!

I think Jewelcrafting has been extremely hard done to so far this expac.  Due to all the reasons behind the tough levelling (low prosects etc like you mentioned) I've decided to wait on levelling my JC alt up till probably last!

WIth regards to the item 100% try the ticket option (although you may struggle to get the mats back they may be able to correct it).

THis is taken from my AH

prohectic.PNG

As you can see this appears to be upgradeable (but didnt want to buy it and try :P)

If it makes you feel any better, our healer spent just over a million gold levelling JC. Seems like it's trolling everyone this xpac.

I was able to do 

17 hours ago, Blainie said:

If it makes you feel any better, our healer spent just over a million gold levelling JC. Seems like it's trolling everyone this xpac.

I was able to do it in about 350K gold - might depend on a server prices. 50K for leveling up to 791 and 300K for 791-800. Bloody fun....

Prospecting is just unbearable If you don't mine by yourself, buying ore for prospecting on AH is a waste of gold - it's cheaper to buy uncut gems.

The only advise I can make - if you don't have 500K-1M gold you are willing to spare, better to wait until prices will go to some reasonable area.

Just now, Pandacho said:

I was able to do 

I was able to do it in about 350K gold - might depend on a server prices. 50K for leveling up to 791 and 300K for 791-800. Bloody fun....

How did you get it so cheap? I want to come to your realm, because damn that's cheap!

10 minutes ago, Blainie said:

How did you get it so cheap? I want to come to your realm, because damn that's cheap!

I'm on Argent Dawn - you welcome :)

Regarding the prices: I did a mistake though, 790-800 you can rise only on class necklaces point by point - they are yellow skill from 790 but give +5 before hand, so I had to get to 789 with a much cheaper stuff (765 items) and then craft a necklace that will boost me to 794. This would save me about 100K. I was kinda in rush and forgot about them turning to yellow from 790.

So from 791 to 800 I made 13 or 14 war class necklaces with a 2 stars recipe. You can actually try to farm a 3 star recipe from dungeons but the gain wasn't worth the time spent for me (the difference between 2 and 3 stars recipes is in one Furystone less - 3 instead of 4).

Btw, I still didn't get any 3 star recipe drop running a lot of dungeons almost every day, so the decision I took was right (for me).

Update: the 815 ring issue was resolved.  Honestly, i feel silly for posting in the first place.  Either the tooltip on the mobile armory was broken or it took a simple relog.

As far as buying uncut gems vs. ore. I think it depends on a couple things.  Server prices? Can you snipe the AH at decent times? 

On Kul Tiras, ore varies.  Felslate goes for btw 34g-50g per; leystone 18g-35g per.  This is where doing the felslate switch comes in handy. Roll a gem chip of a color that you can cut, switch to felslate and you'll eventually get multiples.

green uncuts go for roughly 50g and cuts sell btw 125-300g.  Blue uncuts 1600-3000g. But the cut blues are selling at cost right now.  More ppl are buying greens.

Ive been taking advantage of this market by crafting a stockpile and cancel/reposting all day using the mobile app, while most people post a stack of 10 and let it sit, I post 2 and if I sell one I simply post another.

But there are teo things that are most important to me right now. 1. Rings and Neckpieces are NOT selling. Maybe i missed the gravy train.  Maybe there is only one WW Monk who needs Mastery/Crit in the server and he's poor, idk.

2. Sell gem chips in stacks of 5.  Tuesday they fly fly fly.  It helps mitigate the cost of this busted enterprise.

• Like 1

On 25 September 2016 at 7:12 AM, Pandacho said:

I'm on Argent Dawn - you welcome :)

Regarding the prices: I did a mistake though, 790-800 you can rise only on class necklaces point by point - they are yellow skill from 790 but give +5 before hand, so I had to get to 789 with a much cheaper stuff (765 items) and then craft a necklace that will boost me to 794. This would save me about 100K. I was kinda in rush and forgot about them turning to yellow from 790.

So from 791 to 800 I made 13 or 14 war class necklaces with a 2 stars recipe. You can actually try to farm a 3 star recipe from dungeons but the gain wasn't worth the time spent for me (the difference between 2 and 3 stars recipes is in one Furystone less - 3 instead of 4).

Btw, I still didn't get any 3 star recipe drop running a lot of dungeons almost every day, so the decision I took was right (for me).

Hi mate what was the way you got 790? 

I'm at 778 and the class necklaces are green already ? You said they were yellow for you

Wanna try and get to 795 today so can get plus 5 skill from darkmoon

Many thanks 

2 hours ago, Stoz said:

Hi mate what was the way you got 790? 

I'm at 778 and the class necklaces are green already ? You said they were yellow for you

I had two 3-star recipes - they were yellow, all the rest were green, that's right. 

5 hours ago, Pandacho said:

I had two 3-star recipes - they were yellow, all the rest were green, that's right. 

Ugh. How do I get rank 3 patterns I have ran a million dungeons and they never drop.  Now I'm stuck at 780 and everything is grey :(

Well, it's just a random, what can I say... I personally don't have a Legendary after 500 world quests, billion dungeons and 4 full raid cleans. Random is such a random :)

I think you can get some rank 3's from rep. Highmountain, Nightfallen and Wardens, exaulted.

And yeah, theres no way to get to 800 without them and/or darkmoon.

83 rep (human) per WQ as well so...enjoy ze grind. Oh, and watch, you'll get a dungeon drop when you're 100 away.  Thats how this game works if it doesnt like you.

11 hours ago, Sniz said:

I think you can get some rank 3's from rep. Highmountain, Nightfallen and Wardens, exaulted.

And yeah, theres no way to get to 800 without them and/or darkmoon.

83 rep (human) per WQ as well so...enjoy ze grind. Oh, and watch, you'll get a dungeon drop when you're 100 away.  Thats how this game works if it doesnt like you.

Yes, you can get 3-star recipes from rep and the easiest one is from Nightfallen imo because everyone was grinding it for dungeons anyway and you get a nice addition from the Withered training scenario.

I would still suggest running dungeons with drop - just yesterday I got one more drop from just a random HC.

Regarding 75(83) rep - it's not exactly so. The 'regular' world quests reward 75, the blue ones - 150, the elite ones - 250. Dungeons and dungeon world quests - 250 rep too. Don't forget 1500 rep pretty much every week from the emissary and a possible 1500 from Kirin-Tor.

It's still not instant one week go to Exalted but not an awful grind.

Hi guys,

Is it even worth getting to 800 these days with how much Saber eyes have come down in price..1 week ago they were 30k on my server now they are between 15-18k and 62 available between the three

3 hours ago, Stoz said:

Hi guys,

Is it even worth getting to 800 these days with how much Saber eyes have come down in price..1 week ago they were 30k on my server now they are between 15-18k and 62 available between the three

I make gems for my guildies so they wouldn't have to pay 18 or 30K for one :)