FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
saedox

DP vs Vigor

Hey everyone. I am new to the Rogue class. want to take this expansion serious and I really enjoy rogues and the play style

that being said I dont really understand something and thats DP vs vigor as a talent choice. Every guide says to use DP, which is fine. but everytime i use it i feel energy starved and i feel like there are big windows where I dont do anything, When I use vigor it takes the clunkiness out of the game play. I was wondering if any experienced player could help me out and tell me what im doing wrong? thanks

3 hours ago, saedox said:

Hey everyone. I am new to the Rogue class. want to take this expansion serious and I really enjoy rogues and the play style

that being said I dont really understand something and thats DP vs vigor as a talent choice. Every guide says to use DP, which is fine. but everytime i use it i feel energy starved and i feel like there are big windows where I dont do anything, When I use vigor it takes the clunkiness out of the game play. I was wondering if any experienced player could help me out and tell me what im doing wrong? thanks

It's not necessarily that you are doing something wrong, but instead that you are expecting the wrong things. 

Rogues aren't intended to always have something to press. There are moments of downtime where you will be just sitting there and auto-attacking. It's not the most exciting thing, but it is a downside of playing a regenerating-resource based class. The same thing happens to Monks.

Downtime doesn't necessarily mean you are doing something wrong.

Ah, I see. thanks. but still whenever i use DP i dont feel like my DPS is any better than with vigor. at least from what ive seen. I suppose more testing is in order

6 hours ago, saedox said:

Ah, I see. thanks. but still whenever i use DP i dont feel like my DPS is any better than with vigor. at least from what ive seen. I suppose more testing is in order

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that by "DP" you mean "Deeper Stratagem"

The initial benefit to playing with DS won't be huge, however as item level increases the difference will increase as well. Basically as you get more Haste, the value on Vigor drops significantly