FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TCinder

New Healer

Just trying to get some info on stat weights so I can input them into Ask Mr Robot.

Icy Veins and Ask Mr Robot both have different stat priorities and I was wondering which to go with as someone new to healing and simcraft doesn't work with healing specs that I am aware of.

**Ask Mr Robot - Intellect > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Mastery > Leech **

**Icy Veins Guide

1. Intellect;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Critical Strike;
  4. Haste;
  5. Versatility.**

Funnily enough, this is currently being debated on these forums. 

The above post is a topic where they are discussing stat priorities, since one of our mods, Pandacho, disagrees with our guide writer, Furty. If you're looking for an answer, I'd suggest probably looking at that and keeping an eye on it. 

I'm not really qualified to say what to use, unfortunately, since I haven't played a Shaman since BC :(

Hello,

Just checked AMR and frankly, I'm in a complete amazement now - can't imagine where from they brought this priority.

The only guess I can make, they meant Sustained resto DPS and not Sustained HPS, in this case it makes a perfect sense :) Crit would give more Lava Surge procs, Vers will make LB casts stronger, while Mastery has zero impact on the resto DPS.

I personally use Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers as a prio with a roughly 3000-3500 ideal stat jump (meaning if I have Mastery around 9000, I'll try to get Haste to 6000, Crit to 3000, etc). Don't forget the numbers are not percents and don't try to put 90%-60%-30% - it's not like this :)

If you want 'the numbers' for your gear specifically, I'd advise to use a Resto Shaman Stat weights adviser by Koor.

Remember though that stat weights the spreadsheet gives are meant first of all to normalize your gear rather than to show you a stat prio.

Spoiler

For example, I wasn't lucky in drops and have way too much Crit and practicaly zero Versatility, so for now my weights will be

Intellect=1.000

Crit=0.761

Haste=0.881

Mastery=0.961 (for 0.5 threshold)

Versatility=0.770

But when I'll normalize my stats according to the prio, it would change to

Intellect=1.000

Crit=0.747

Haste=0.830

Mastery=0.909 (for 0.5 threshold)

Versatility=0.770

Please, do not use these posted stats, they are for an example and based on my gear :)

If I want to change my stat weights in Ask Mr Robot though, to something like Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers as you suggested earlier how would I go about doing this?

By how I mean I understand how to physically do it on the site, I just am unsure where to get the numbers themselves from - if that makes sense >_<

On 9/21/2016 at 10:23 PM, Pandacho said:

Hello,

Just checked AMR and frankly, I'm in a complete amazement now - can't imagine where from they brought this priority.

The only guess I can make, they meant Sustained resto DPS and not Sustained HPS, in this case it makes a perfect sense :) Crit would give more Lava Surge procs, Vers will make LB casts stronger, while Mastery has zero impact on the resto DPS.

I personally use Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers as a prio with a roughly 3000-3500 ideal stat jump (meaning if I have Mastery around 9000, I'll try to get Haste to 6000, Crit to 3000, etc). Don't forget the numbers are not percents and don't try to put 90%-60%-30% - it's not like this :)

If you want 'the numbers' for your gear specifically, I'd advise to use a Resto Shaman Stat weights adviser by Koor.

Remember though that stat weights the spreadsheet gives are meant first of all to normalize your gear rather than to show you a stat prio.

Reveal hidden contents

For example, I wasn't lucky in drops and have way too much Crit and practicaly zero Versatility, so for now my weights will be

Intellect=1.000

Crit=0.761

Haste=0.881

Mastery=0.961 (for 0.5 threshold)

Versatility=0.770

But when I'll normalize my stats according to the prio, it would change to

Intellect=1.000

Crit=0.747

Haste=0.830

Mastery=0.909 (for 0.5 threshold)

Versatility=0.770

Please, do not use these posted stats, they are for an example and based on my gear :)

Just out of curiosity, in what way does Haste directly increase the healing output of a spell?

I will add my argument for the whole Critical Strike vs Haste theory.

Haste will increase the healing output of your Healing Tide and Healing Stream totem as well as Riptide's HoT. Combined HS and HT Totem will account for less than 20% of your healing in just about any given fight and that's assuming you get 2 Healing Tides off in roughly a 7 minute encounter which is a more than fair scenario. Let's also assume Riptide accounts for 20% of your healing but the HoT itself is only about 50% of that so there is another 10% of your healing that Haste will increase. This leaves us with haste directly benefiting 30% of your healing, and remember, that is being very generous. This leaves us with about 70% of healing which will be made up of Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Chain Heal, Cloudburst Totem, Gift of the Queen, Healing Rain, and Riptide's initial heal, all of which will in no way benefit from Haste aside from cast time. This means in order to get your Haste benefit of the other 70% of your healing you are going to do so by casting the spells faster which will lead you being able to cast more spells than you previously could, correct? With that taken care of I will go on about Critical Strike.

Critical Strike is going to directly benefit 100% of all the healing you do, including your totems and Riptide's heal over time, and is not going to require you to cast more spells than necessary. Why do I bring that last part up? We no longer have Spirit. Think back to a time such as Cataclysm or Pandaria when Spirit was still a much needed secondary stat. Spirit in no way shape or form increased the direct healing you did in any encounter but it was almost 100% necessary to hit a specific amount of Spirit depending on your class because it allowed you to do more healing than you would otherwise. Haste does not allow you to do more healing than you would otherwise, it requires you to do more healing than you would otherwise without helping you do so in order to receive its benefit. If you are going to sit here and tell me that mana is not a very important factor in raiding as a Restoration Shaman rite now you are only fooling yourself. I have been doing Emerald Nightmare on my 849 Restoration Shaman and I can tell you from first hand experience even when making great use of every single Tidal Wave, any encounter lasting more than 5 minutes is going to test your ability to play conservatively. If you are running a Haste build which is requiring you to cast more spells than necessary to achieve its full benefit you are only going to run out of mana at a quicker rate where as Critical Strike is going to lead to you casting less slower spells with a greater affect. The only benefit you are going to gain from Haste, like I said, is on the HoTs / totems which won't be by much considering Critical Strike also benefits those as well. If you know the encounter is going to be short, then by all means I don't doubt you when you say Haste is a superior stat in regards to burst healing especially considering Tidal Waves so greatly impacts the Critical Strike of your Healing Surge, but if both builds are going to be put in a situation where you know they are going to eventually hit a point where they are out of mana, I will take the Critical Strike build every single time.

On 9/22/2016 at 1:09 PM, TCinder said:

If I want to change my stat weights in Ask Mr Robot though, to something like Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers as you suggested earlier how would I go about doing this?

By how I mean I understand how to physically do it on the site, I just am unsure where to get the numbers themselves from - if that makes sense >_<

You want to use the thing that Panda linked in her post:

If you want 'the numbers' for your gear specifically, I'd advise to use a Resto Shaman Stat weights adviser by Koor.