FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zeelah

Which trinket to use?

I made a coment on the Marksmanship guide comment section about which trinket to use and got directed to make a forum post instead.

I'm really annoyed by the varying ilvls and it's doing my head in on which trinket to use. I've tried to make sense of your trinket list but it only helps when the two share the same ilvl. So I'm asking if you could help me figure out which 2 trinkets I should be using and in what scenario?

Bloodthirsty Instinct 855

Figurehead of the Naglfar 850

Three-toed (Versatility) 850

Oakheart's Gnarled Root 845

Caged Horror 840

Naraxas' Spiked Tongue 840

Three-toed (Mastery) 835

Armory link

What I've had to do is go off Sim data. It's much easier to do now with the simcraft addon. Download simcraft, the addon, and just play around with combos. Equip and /simc copy it, paste in simcraft and see what it says.  Easy way is just unequip your trinkets and sim individually then possibly sim highest DPS together.  

This is literally the only way I could make sense of anything was running my own numbers. It doesn't take long at all 

As Cedrin says, that's pretty much the best way to do it and find out what's best. It sucks, it can take a bit of getting used to, but it is SO useful.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here.

im a MM 

ilvl851

trinkets=twisting winds ilvl 850/bloodthirsty instinct ilvl 870/tempered egg serpentrix ilvl 845

I'd think I'd use twisting wind/bloodthirsty instinct, but my buddy's addon Mr robot is saying I should roll with twisting winds, and tempered egg........ Plz help.

11 hours ago, Locanomics said:

I'd think I'd use twisting wind/bloodthirsty instinct, but my buddy's addon Mr robot is saying I should roll with twisting winds, and tempered egg........ Plz help.

You are correct. Ignore the addon.