FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lor

Sin Rotation check

Hi All,

New to forums (longtime sin rogue) - armory link here.  I always begin an xpac with my initial spec and toon from when I started playing - just how it is :)  Working on my starting and thru-put rotation for boss fights and the change of pace in adding more weight on bleeds, while fun, has thrown a wrench in it for me.  My starting rotation (followed by concerns) that seems to make sense:

Stealth - Prepot (old war) - garrote(1cp) - mut(+2) - mut (+2) - hemorrhage(+1) - vendetta - rupture - exsanguinate - kingsbane - Mut(+2) - Mut(+2) - Garrote - vanish - rupture - Mut - Mut - pool energy - Envenom.... onward then to keep hemorrhage buff up, and restore garrote and rupture at all times and envenom when possible.  Does envenom have lesser importance to keep up now?  Are these higher dps sin rogues pulling it off without it?  

So there's that.  Whether it's losing significant damage somewhere or not I don't know but let me know if you see anything glaring.  This maintenance of rupture, garrote, hemorrhage and envenom seems to be a bit challenging to maintain constant uptime of all of them on one target, much less considering the bosses that have multiple (tree, elerethe).  On those bosses (elerethe, for example) - may it be better to leave the sin rogue on the boss vs. switching to spiderlings?  In this case I'm referring only to low HP adds that I lose effectiveness on one mob (boss) to gain minimal effectiveness on another unless I waste an exsanguinate or kingsbane to offer better assistance on the small add but lose the ability on the boss.  Or maybe just switch to these and generate cp's and use finishers on boss only?  Just looking for some more perspective.  I know there was a post about sin rogues on the tree so I don't want to dive into discussing a specific fight...with larger adds it's perfectly clear where focus needs to lie.  

Many thanks for any thoughts on it!  

Cheers,

Lor

23 hours ago, Lor said:

Hi All,

New to forums (longtime sin rogue) - armory link here.  I always begin an xpac with my initial spec and toon from when I started playing - just how it is :)  Working on my starting and thru-put rotation for boss fights and the change of pace in adding more weight on bleeds, while fun, has thrown a wrench in it for me.  My starting rotation (followed by concerns) that seems to make sense:

Stealth - Prepot (old war) - garrote(1cp) - mut(+2) - mut (+2) - hemorrhage(+1) - vendetta - rupture - exsanguinate - kingsbane - Mut(+2) - Mut(+2) - Garrote - vanish - rupture - Mut - Mut - pool energy - Envenom.... onward then to keep hemorrhage buff up, and restore garrote and rupture at all times and envenom when possible.  Does envenom have lesser importance to keep up now?  Are these higher dps sin rogues pulling it off without it?  

So there's that.  Whether it's losing significant damage somewhere or not I don't know but let me know if you see anything glaring.  This maintenance of rupture, garrote, hemorrhage and envenom seems to be a bit challenging to maintain constant uptime of all of them on one target, much less considering the bosses that have multiple (tree, elerethe).  On those bosses (elerethe, for example) - may it be better to leave the sin rogue on the boss vs. switching to spiderlings?  In this case I'm referring only to low HP adds that I lose effectiveness on one mob (boss) to gain minimal effectiveness on another unless I waste an exsanguinate or kingsbane to offer better assistance on the small add but lose the ability on the boss.  Or maybe just switch to these and generate cp's and use finishers on boss only?  Just looking for some more perspective.  I know there was a post about sin rogues on the tree so I don't want to dive into discussing a specific fight...with larger adds it's perfectly clear where focus needs to lie.  

Many thanks for any thoughts on it!  

Cheers,

Lor

It looks alright, but I'll make a quick couple tweaks, mainly focused around your Rupture + Exsang use:

Garrote > Vend > Mut x2 > if 6CP Vanish> Rupture > Hemo > Exsang; OR

Garrote > Vend > Mut x2 > if 5CP Hemo > Vanish > Rupture > Exsang;

Also when dpsing normally, Mut to 5 or 6CP before using Kingsbane, then use it and Envenom. This will help you get more Envenoms in the window, and even more if you're properly pooling Energy.

Sin's biggest weakness is against adds that die quickly. Because so much damage is tied up in Rupture, Sin's burst is almost non-existant without Exsang

You always want to keep Rupture (and Hemo) up on the main target (the boss), but otherwise you can help out wherever you're needed. If the raid needs a little more damage on a big add, save Exsang and Vanish for it, run over with with 5cp and Hemo > Vanish > Rupture > Exang and you'll blow it up.

On 9/24/2016 at 10:54 AM, Carrn said:

It looks alright, but I'll make a quick couple tweaks, mainly focused around your Rupture + Exsang use:

Garrote > Vend > Mut x2 > if 6CP Vanish> Rupture > Hemo > Exsang; OR

Garrote > Vend > Mut x2 > if 5CP Hemo > Vanish > Rupture > Exsang;

Also when dpsing normally, Mut to 5 or 6CP before using Kingsbane, then use it and Envenom. This will help you get more Envenoms in the window, and even more if you're properly pooling Energy.

Sin's biggest weakness is against adds that die quickly. Because so much damage is tied up in Rupture, Sin's burst is almost non-existant without Exsang

You always want to keep Rupture (and Hemo) up on the main target (the boss), but otherwise you can help out wherever you're needed. If the raid needs a little more damage on a big add, save Exsang and Vanish for it, run over with with 5cp and Hemo > Vanish > Rupture > Exang and you'll blow it up.

Thanks so much!  Logs for Ursoc last week here - this was greatly helpful and once it's all into muscle memory it'll work out well I think.  We're a pretty casual guild, so the flasks aren't really in stock yet (noted that I didn't have one rolling).  We were also getting out of melee range to absorb the focused charge which I don't think we need to do as groups (just the person taking it on the chin from the charge), so that'll prevent any dps tapering.  

Edited by Lor