FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
EgoReaper

Ready for ToT? (Ret)

I'm looking to try to get my paladin pugged into a ToT run, the problem is, I'm coming off of a break from playing the game (been on it since ToT first came out) so I have no experience in the raid itself other than raid finder, which we all know, is nerfed to nothing compared to normal mode.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Egopally/advanced

With my current gear, could I complete a ToT provided I'm a skilled ret?

If not, what should I aim for?

My overall goal is to get the fight experience out of ToT to help lead my guild through it in the next few weeks as we are all coming back from a break from the game.

You're ready to at least start it. When we first waded into ToT our average ilvl was under 500. On our first JK kill we had a pug hunter in blues. No problem. By the time we cleared it completely, most of our team was 515+.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/93fa1skz3ar8ehn6/details/8/

(this is my first time uploading World of logs records so I hope this is sufficient for you to help me)

Is there anything I should be doing to help my damage/dps? In this Ji-Kun fight, I did fall off the platform once because I was not prepared for the pushback which is probably why my Inq isn't up to where it should be in percentages.

Okay, so at this point, it seems there is almost no way to get into a ToT on my server (US-Area 52) without some experience or joining someone's guild. I'm honestly not interested in joining anyone's guild and the experience is why I want to run it. Does anyone have any advice on getting pugged without the experience?

Well, I know you don't want to join a guild, and I'm guessing it's because you do not want to schedule play time or take the game too seriously or something. But keep in mind that there are guilds out there that still do raids together in a casual way. They may not progress much, but you can't expect to get far into ToT if you're not in a decent raiding guild. What I am thinking is that you will make friends with some members, and they'll take you into their pugs. At least some of your members will join pugs every once in a while... Especially if they're mega-geared and want to gear their alt outside of the scheduled raids. Joining a guild won't be that bad. Just join one that doesn't make you uncomfortable.

The alternative... Lie about experience XD. I'm sure plenty will get pissed off that I say that, but the experience requirements are ridiculous. "Umm... yeah you didn't even do ICC. And we all know how tough Jin'Rokh is... You'll be definitely be needing sufficient experience for that brain-busting fight." Good luck, man :/.

I think at this point, I'm just going to either wing it with my guild, or level and gear alts till 5.4. (Probably a bit of both)

Lying about experience might work for maybe a fight maybe 2 if I'm lucky, but I don't know about Horridon or council. I've heard both are pretty difficult. (though, internet sarcasm is possible)

http://www.worldoflo...ehn6/details/8/

(this is my first time uploading World of logs records so I hope this is sufficient for you to help me)

Is there anything I should be doing to help my damage/dps? In this Ji-Kun fight, I did fall off the platform once because I was not prepared for the pushback which is probably why my Inq isn't up to where it should be in percentages.

Another use of Guardian during the last minute of the fight would have been tremendous. But you did quite good damage anyway, pretty much what I would expect from someone around 500 ilvl.