FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Acadian

Unholy DK Looking for help with DPS

Hey Guys!

I'm new to the Icy Veins forums and was hoping that this would be a good place to get some help with my ongoing problems. I was a Blood Tank for quite a long time through out previous expansions and decided this time around to try my hand with DPS in Legion. Currently i am rocking Unholy. I have been having a lot of issues with keeping up consistent damage with boss fights in Emerald Nightmare and usually finish somewhere in the 170-180k dps range. I don't think its a gear issue at all because i've seen worse geared UH DK's put out more then me. My stats seem fine as well from what i've researched. I've played around with a few different talents such as swapping AWS and Bursting Sores between Single and AoE fights. I recently started using Soul Reaper but i feel like i'm misusing it. I feel like i might be having some breakdowns in my rotation that i'm just not wrapping my head around for some unknown reason. Any help and advice would be much appreciated! Below is my armory link and logs.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Acadian/simple

Log 1 EN Normal - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dVgZ12zt93LGcjk4

Log 2 EN Heroic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TKxNDgFnaA2M8yhk

Thank You!

it all depends man because with some fights are dps are iffy, but with your gear you should be doing alot more, are you getting around 7-8 festering wounds before you apply soul reaper and then using artifact or scourge strike to ensure you get 3 stacks of soul reaper, my stats are around yours roughly i think your haste like a percent higher but i'm doing around 250k consistantly or higher depending on bosses. i found the trinket from arcway is better for haste because its a quick burst of haste also it all depends on how you use artifact power for your artifact too. i know i lowered my relics ilvl in weapon for ones with right stats and my dps went us since i raided so. 

Yeah your logs are sort of all over the place. So, just first to begin with take soul reaper for every single fight. Then as far as using it, every other CD for it, you should easily get max effect. So apocalype shouldn't be cast without at least 7 wounds up,  simply before you cast apocalypse cast soul reaper real quick, boom 3 wounds burst. Otherwise whenever it comes off CD just makes sure you have 3 wounds up to burst, with castigator you should be able to burst three easily within a soul reaper window. So, it has a 45 second CD, so you only need to build it up every other cast because apocalype is 1.5 min CD. They harmonize very well. 

Your dps is fairly decent though to be honest. Soul reaper usage will increase it a lot. Also as far as all will serve goes, its good for ursoc and dragons, but other wise stick with bursting sores for the cleave, that will give you a lot more deeps :)