FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Troels

Havoc nerfs

Hey, i'm a long time wow player (raiding in semi-casual guild). I've been traveling around Nepal for 6 weeks now and i'm returning to wow in a couple of days. While traveling i've been following IV, Reddit, simcrafts, youtube etc. to have a look at the different classes and such, and i've been thinking about choosing Havoc as my main specc for this raid tier. 

Can anyone help me clarify how the new nerfs to Havoc will affect the ST dps? from what i've seen Havoc needed a nerf to AoE, and maybe a small one to ST, but nerfing both Throw glaive and bloodlet seems like a bit too much for the single target (instead of just nerfing bloodlet/throw glaive richochet dmg). 

But the thing i'm most afraid of is that the bloodlet and throw glaive nerfs might push out the momentum build, and make nemesis/low movement build the best. 

Hope you can help a returning raider who's been craving to start legion since my travels began :D

Anything short of bleeding edge mythic progression, you're fine.

These changes were clearly done by someone that has zero idea how DH works. 

Okay thx both of you for the replies :)
We're not aiming for world first at all, but still a bit serious about our progression, so i don't wanna be a burden for playing DH rather than WW monk or something else. But most of all i'm just afraid that the nerfs will push away the momentum build for the number 1 spot.

And yes, the nerfs really seem like they've been made with zero knowledge of how DH works.

For a raid spot the problem comes not in the numbers but in the fact that there is now zero reasons to take a DH over a fire mage or a WW monk or...well anything really. Numbers was what we had that others didn't. We have zero awesome raid cooldowns (Darkness is RNG mindgames), we don't do anything that any other class cant do, we dont buff/debuff anything, we don't lust, nada. We JUST do damage. Annnnd now we don't even really have that going for us.

Do all DHs need to rerolll? No.

Do guilds need/want the 2-3 DHs they have for mythics next week? No.

There were/are at least 5 ways Blizzard could have give the talents more options for high DPS and nerfed our AoE, but instead they got drunk, did some lines, flipped a coin, and nerfed it all.

Guess i'll pick WW monk mby, i like contributing to the raid somehow (i was the fire guy on archi mythic, and all other hunter mechanics in Mythic HFC). I wanna play melee again this expansion, since i was mage and hunter for most of WoD.

Thx for the help, i hope blizzard will come to their sense and revamp some of the nerfs they've made.