FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vannt

After the changes on arms..?

Hi people, this is my first post and im not very good speaking english, i will try to simplify it as i can.

After see the changes blizzard will do to the arms, still being viable? Will be better the warrior fury? What do you think?

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, our writers and the theorycrafters are trying to keep things fairly under wraps due to the fact that there is still work to be done. They don't want to make a big statement that is then found to be wrong 5 minutes later. 

I'd advise waiting until more work is done, honestly.

Sorry I couldn't help more!

• Like 1

@Blainie sorry, I'm fairly new here, although I've been following icy-veins guides for years. Where exactly will the information you mentioned above be available ? Will it be posted on the warrior section or should we be following a certain thread ?  I'm really eager to see whether fury will come close to arms or arms will stay as the best pve choice. 

14 hours ago, kaligon said:

@Blainie sorry, I'm fairly new here, although I've been following icy-veins guides for years. Where exactly will the information you mentioned above be available ? Will it be posted on the warrior section or should we be following a certain thread ?  I'm really eager to see whether fury will come close to arms or arms will stay as the best pve choice. 

Generally, you have to use multiple resources to get the answer. I'll break it down for you:

Immediately after the hotfixes are confirmed

At this point, you're looking at SimulationCraft. Preliminary sims are released and give a general overview of what is going to happen. At first, they thought Fury was going to be top.

Just before patch goes live with hotfixes

SimulationCraft will now have much clearer sim findings, which will confirm or disprove what was found before. This time, Arms was on top of Fury, but they are very close in ST.

After the patch

This is the most accurate, but most time-consuming portion. WarcraftLogs is our friend here and it gives us the best possible overview of what is happening. It allows us to see how the two specs are performing in the raids, but unfortunately, you simply can't tell on the first day. It takes time for people to test, get used to specs, level artifacts etc.

The links to pay attention to are:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#sample=1&aggregate=amount

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#sample=1