FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Flossing

Let's Talk Post-Hotfix Assassination Tier 6 Talents

• Death From Above (Talent) area damage increased by 100%.
  • Assassination
    • Deadly Poison damage increased by 30%.
    • Fan of Knives damage increased by 30%.
    • Bag of Tricks (Artifact Trait) duration reduced to 3 seconds (overall damage unchanged), radius increased to 6 yards (from 3), and now benefits from Mastery.
    • Poison Knives (Artifact Trait) no longer benefits twitch from Mastery. Damage per point increased to 4%.

Hi! Changes above for reference^

I have been running Agonizing Poison, against all advice, with good results. 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zBr82mdMRxDtwYFL#fight=12

I initially chose it because the +30% to all ability damage seemed insane not to pick.

I am making this thread because I am curious if you guys think the 30% damage buff to Deadly Poison is enough to warrant switching away from Agonizing, to take advantage of the increased damage.

Also, since most people have been using Exsanguinate, I am curious if anyone thinks Alacrity is viable, or how much of an increase/decrease it would be from Exsanguinate/Agonizing.

Thanks so much!

5 hours ago, Flossing said:

Hi! Changes above for reference^

I have been running Agonizing Poison, against all advice, with good results. 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zBr82mdMRxDtwYFL#fight=12

I initially chose it because the +30% to all ability damage seemed insane not to pick.

I am making this thread because I am curious if you guys think the 30% damage buff to Deadly Poison is enough to warrant switching away from Agonizing, to take advantage of the increased damage.

Also, since most people have been using Exsanguinate, I am curious if anyone thinks Alacrity is viable, or how much of an increase/decrease it would be from Exsanguinate/Agonizing.

Thanks so much!

Hey thanks for coming to chat about this! Due to the interest level in the patch notes I've made a discussion thread about it to consolidate the conversation and make it easier to follow it all

Talent options haven't been fully simmed yet but the intial results are showing that pretty much every option is viable. I'll update the discussion thread as more information is available, but for the time being I'll lock this one