FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Iridar

Hunter VoDs from mythic+ dungeons

Just showcasing some hunter gameplay in case anyone is looking for something like this.

Those were our guilds first runs into mythic+, deep in the night, so naturally mistakes were made. 

But overall I feel I performed my job as a hunter fairly well.

One instance was done as Barrage + Piercing Shot MM, and I managed to avoid any accidental pulls. 

VotW makes it nearly impossible, so I switched to BM for that instance. 

1 hour ago, Steveaux said:

Thank you for sharing. I had no idea that the gun sounded this good! I guess I need to go dust off my hunter alt.

Normally, it doesn't. I'm using a plethora of addons to attach custom sounds to abilities. 

What is your Artifact setup like? I have 22 in MM and 13 BM and was wondering, do I need more in BM to put out competitive damage, because I feel nervous with MM going to M+ dungeons.

13 hours ago, Maymay said:

What is your Artifact setup like? I have 22 in MM and 13 BM and was wondering, do I need more in BM to put out competitive damage, because I feel nervous with MM going to M+ dungeons.

Just followed the path Azor recommends in his MM guide. Artifact level 21 or 22 currently.

You don't need more than 13 to do mythic dungeons as BM, it's likely to do outdamage MM even then. I just like MM more.

Edited by Iridar

Read Azor guide so I know piercing shot is good in mythic+, but how good are we talking here?  Sidewinders is such a nice convenient attack :P

was a fun video. Druid stack haha.  You were a BM hunter!

26 minutes ago, Liastraza said:

Read Azor guide so I know piercing shot is good in mythic+, but how good are we talking here?  Sidewinders is such a nice convenient attack :P

Piercing Shot MM needs to hit 3+ targets to do more DPS than Sidewinders MM. Piercing Shot MM is comparable to BM with without any Beast Cleave relics, only 13 traits and considerably lower artifact level. 

So if you don't mind playing BM, it's usually a better choice for hardcore mythic+ progression, since it can bring Bloodlust or battle rez with a pet. 

Sidewinders is kinda terrible for dungeons, because it has a rather uncontrollable cone AOE, and in some cases it can be hard to avoid accidental pulls, even harder than with Barrage.

On that note, with Barrage nerfs you should always pick Volley for dungeons, as it does more damage against stacked targets, both for BM and MM. 

On 10/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, Iridar said:

Piercing Shot MM needs to hit 3+ targets to do more DPS than Sidewinders MM. Piercing Shot MM is comparable to BM with without any Beast Cleave relics, only 13 traits and considerably lower artifact level. 

So if you don't mind playing BM, it's usually a better choice for hardcore mythic+ progression, since it can bring Bloodlust or battle rez with a pet. 

Sidewinders is kinda terrible for dungeons, because it has a rather uncontrollable cone AOE, and in some cases it can be hard to avoid accidental pulls, even harder than with Barrage.

On that note, with Barrage nerfs you should always pick Volley for dungeons, as it does more damage against stacked targets, both for BM and MM. 

Thanks, Iridar!

Does Volley do anything for single target?  I'm a 856 MM hunter...was blown out of the water by a 860something MM hunter.  Nothing special with gear or trinkets, but weapon was 8 ilvl higher.  Standard build with Barrage for me Volley for him.  On shade of xavius in DHT, his damage was largely AiS as usual, then Marked Shot, then Volley.  Am I missing something here?

6 minutes ago, Liastraza said:

Thanks, Iridar!

Does Volley do anything for single target?  I'm a 856 MM hunter...was blown out of the water by a 860something MM hunter.  Nothing special with gear or trinkets, but weapon was 8 ilvl higher.  Standard build with Barrage for me Volley for him.  On shade of xavius in DHT, his damage was largely AiS as usual, then Marked Shot, then Volley.  Am I missing something here?

Of course Volley does single target damage as well, though it should do less than Barrage on purely single target, if I'm not mistaken. 

He could have more artifact power invested, both gold traits offer significant DPS bonuses.