FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kanyewest

My fellow Ass Rogues and Outlaw Rogues: Need help :(

7/7 N, 1/7 H

847 with Dreadblades and 845 with Kingsbanes

Felt like I was struggling a lot in Normal EN compared to others... Perhaps I was too focused on mechanics since it was a 10-man.

Went to a dummy and I was doing around 200k on ST unbuffed... I think I peaked around 260-270 on Mut on opener and outlaw varied, depending on my rolls.

Still felt like this was a little low. I'm following icy-veins pretty closely and I'm always active. I'm sure I'm missing more, but I'm not sure whether or not to do finishers at 5 or 6.

Any other tips appreciated. There's probably something that'll push me to maximize my DPS that i'm missing. I feel really energy-starved on mut and I feel like I'm CP capping a lot on outlaw. 

Also, what does Mut do on 4+ targets? just fan and finish?

also do you guys do you for multiple targets on outlaw? do you ghostly strike for 3 of them? or just your primary target?

Opener for both is also awkward for me.

I was also not sure how to use marked for death. i ALSO noticed other rogues have around 40% overall damage from run through, and my run through is only low 30s%.

Edited by kanyewest

Without logs it's hard to pinpoint things, since doing rotations on dummy is unreliable (static, no mechanics).

Usually you wanna envenom @5 CPs, Run Through @6 CPs if you're not wasting points (i.e. PS proc with Quick Draw and 5 points, RT and use the proc).

It's a really silly question, but it can happen: you got poisons on your daggers, right? Venomous Wounds only proc on poisoned enemies. Also, Mut is a rather slow spec, so don't press buttons whenever you got energy to do so.

+4 targets, I'm afraid you do that, yes. Perhaps poke a rupture on 3 of them to keep energy rolling and FoK/Envenom spam really.

For Otl MT, use Quick Draw. Ghost Strike is cumbersome to use on those situations.

As for openers, they're no brainer. Otl you should MfD main target and get a RtB rolling beforehand. Got good buffs, go ham (depending on fight, it's good to keep one or another CD on hold for a mechanic, even both sometimes). For Sin, open with Garrote, Mut 2 times, pop Vendetta, Rup and Hemo if you're using it and go ham.

MfD use on CD. No brainer. And for the RT's %, depends on a lot of things, like bad rolls or losing track of Dreadblades + AR SS > RT spam (it CAN happen, more often than not - thing is frantic) or even because of that doubt of yours to finish @5 or 6 CPs.

Edited by lipsinch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kanyewest said:

7/7 N, 1/7 H

847 with Dreadblades and 845 with Kingsbanes

Felt like I was struggling a lot in Normal EN compared to others... Perhaps I was too focused on mechanics since it was a 10-man.

Went to a dummy and I was doing around 200k on ST unbuffed... I think I peaked around 260-270 on Mut on opener and outlaw varied, depending on my rolls.

Still felt like this was a little low. I'm following icy-veins pretty closely and I'm always active. I'm sure I'm missing more, but I'm not sure whether or not to do finishers at 5 or 6.

Any other tips appreciated. There's probably something that'll push me to maximize my DPS that i'm missing. I feel really energy-starved on mut and I feel like I'm CP capping a lot on outlaw. 

Also, what does Mut do on 4+ targets? just fan and finish?

also do you guys do you for multiple targets on outlaw? do you ghostly strike for 3 of them? or just your primary target?

Opener for both is also awkward for me.

I was also not sure how to use marked for death. i ALSO noticed other rogues have around 40% overall damage from run through, and my run through is only low 30s%.

What Lip said

I want to emphasize that Assassination is not a spec where you are actively doing a lot of this - as a matter of fact, probably half the time you're just waiting. A lot of the spec's playstyle is about conserving Energy / CPs and spending it at the proper time