FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gahhda

Heroic Dark Animus Zerg Strat

Let me preface this with the video so you can get a laugh:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjR2cUhEZA8&feature=youtu.be

Smalls layout: Brewmaster tanks 3 at pull, ele/shadow tank two, everyone else pulls one but our rogue who is free for rings. After the brewmaster's adds die, he taunts one from both the ele/shadow so they don't get rng fucked by font.

Maths:

288000032 hp and he dies at ~1.25% or so, 284400031.6 health actually required.

He starts at 52. By the two minute mark, all the melee adds and the 3 on the tank have died from cleave off boss. Its important to note that only 5 can die into the boss, as the 6th will push over 75 before 2 minutes and add TONS of jolt damage.

52 + ( 4 * 5 ) = 72

The siphon at the 2 minute mark pushes on jolt, the second siphon at 2:20 he enrages. Enrage has a ~5 second cast time, and a 2-3 second travel time (as you can see in the video). On top of that, its completely possible to immunity through it (rogue/lock/paladin etc) or kite.

Net result is our kill being 2:36 even though we should've technically wiped at 2:20.

156 seconds, 284400031.6, 1823077.1 dps required from the raid. Our brewmaster and I both did 350k on most pulls. We fed the brewmaster vengeance at the start (he tanked three via chain personal cds, rune of reorigination, and external cds). I was *abusing* unerring to cycle 4 dooms off the start onto the boss/3 smalls, imp army ftw Posted Image. Keep in mind that its really RNG with demo, there were pulls where I was doing 420k dps TO ANIMUS (I checked the damage by actor tab on animus and factored time/activity time to eliminate cleave on littles) sustainably. Most of those cases were times where I got like 3 unerring procs back to back at start and rolled them on literally everything.

1823077.1 - 350000 - 350000 = 1123077.1

6 other dps, 1123077.1 / 6 = 187179.5 dps check per player.

Easily achievable with full raid cds and double pot in a ~156 second window.

Without a BrM/Demo carrying, the check is 284400031.6 / 156 / 8 = 227884.6 per player including the tank. That can be difficult for some people to do especially if they're tanking two, poor reast and sensations :<. Still highly achievable with such a small time though.

So, people tank their smalls the entire fight, aside from the ones that die into the boss, and the brewmaster and I carry enrage with op stuff Posted Image.

I'd also like to note that we waited for 3 minute cds between pulls, which also severely helped our rppm rng.

-side note- I take back my note on 25...turns out the math I did at 7 am was really horrible Posted Image.

25: 899994880 hp but dies at 1.25% so

888744944 hp / 156 seconds = 5697083 raid dps / ( 22 or 21 ) = ( 258958.3 or 271289.7 )

22/21 for 4 or 3 healing, idk exactly how hard the healing check is for this strat on 25 so...top guilds could definitely do this Posted Image.

Edited by gahhda
  • Like 2

Seeing as this is a two minute 'n change fight, did you focus on hitting any Doom breakpoints knowing your primary doom applications (perhaps only ones?) on pull would have Meta proc/Hero/Racials... or just a standard 8097 with stacked mastery to push imp dps a bit more?

Is there anything specific in the Monks role or is it just their DPS cieling?

Our boomkin just linked this video, I'm excited to try it.

Now if only I can get my hands on even the bloody LFR version of UVLS, we might have ourselves a shot at this in a month or so!

Seeing as this is a two minute 'n change fight, did you focus on hitting any Doom breakpoints knowing your primary doom applications (perhaps only ones?) on pull would have Meta proc/Hero/Racials... or just a standard 8097 with stacked mastery to push imp dps a bit more?

Is there anything specific in the Monks role or is it just their DPS cieling?

I didn't change my reforging, imo the extra 1 imp per doom applied (which is really only one imp the entire fight) didn't outweigh me having 100% more damage in meta.

We fed the monk 3 accelerated adds and the boss on pull, so he pushed vengeance cap at the start, we thought about having him soak some rings to keep the vengeance rolling, but the rng one shots weren't worth it with my/his dps as it was.

Edited by gahhda

Hey, we are attempting to try this in our guild tomorrow, and i have a few questions as a demo lock

Are you using the glyph "wild imps" and "everlasting affliction"?

what grimoire did you use?

Hey, we are attempting to try this in our guild tomorrow, and i have a few questions as a demo lock

Are you using the glyph "wild imps" and "everlasting affliction"?

what grimoire did you use?

Haven't checked the thread in like a week, mah bad.

yes to both glyphs, I'd only say don't take EA if you're confident that you can kill it under 2 minutes

sacrifice hands down.

• Like 1

Gotta love the victory shouts, always the best part of the videos, lol. As to Diaze, check out the Warlock forum. We are, by far, the most active community here, and there is a ton of information to be found there. And if you can't find it, if you ask, you shall receive.

After my guild killed this boss with this strat after all the wiping I think I said "F*ck" about 10 times or so. It was such a weight off our shoulders. Coming from a different MMO a few weeks before 5.2 to being 11/13 in such a short time feels awesome.