FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vincenkw

Some questions about monk DPS rotation

1. When the boss fight starts, what is your choice for when to use SoWL, ToD and SEF?  -  As soon as possible or wait for the combo buff to build up? I myself choose to do a few Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick and Sunrise Kick to build up the combo buff, after I have 8 stacks of that I use ToD then SEF, and then SoWL, what is your choice and why?

2. Chi Wave or Eye of the Tiger?   I choose Chi Wave so when I don't have enough energy to do Tiger Palm I can do Blackout Kick, Chi Wave, Blackout Kick to spend my Chi while maintaining the combo buff. But I think maybe at some point when my haste has got to a certain lvl, I can replace Chi wave with Eye of the TIger. What do you think and what is your choice? No wonder Eye of the Tiger itself can do higher damage then Chi Wave generally, but choosing it will certainly mean that very often after a Blackout Kick we have to wait for the energy to do Tiger Palm or Sunrise Kick to cooldown, so what is your choice and why? And if you chooose Chi Wave would you use it on Cooldown or just use it as a bridge to maintain your combo?

1) As soon as possible.  

2) Chi Wave.  Eye of the Tiger isn't far behind, but it is a button less that you can weave into your rotation when you're energy starved.