Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kharth

Fire from the Sky over Master of Disaster ?

8 posts in this topic

Any idea why the artifact talent guide says to take Fire From the Sky before Master of Disaster ? They are right beside each other you can get to the next talent through either of them. Saw this the same way on the wowhead guide. It seems that it would only be useful in AoE and I cast Incinerate more on a boss. It is a bigger DPS increase (15% RoF vs 9% Incinerate IIRC) but on a spell I use less often.

The reasoning for this is that the recommended talent path is optimized for mythic dungeons rather than raiding.  In that environment, having stronger aoe tends to be more valuable than single target talents. 

I also went with incinerate.. and many people are asking your same question. The only reason that has been given for this is that that guide was meant for leveling.. but seeing as how costly it is to reset, I personally suggest never getting that till the end.

Edited by Euko

OK I don't know how you'd be that deep in and still leveling but at least I'm not missing something obvious.

The reasoning behind that is damage distribution - Incinerate accounts for about 8-10% of your single target damage, so that perk effectively nets ~1% single target damage.

Rain of Fire however accounts for a far greater portion of your aoe damage (depending if you specced into cataclysm and fire and brimstone or not), so it nets an overall 6-10% increase to your aoe, which is a far greater boost for aoe situations.

1% of ST damage being only 1-3k depending on gear/how well you play/the situation etc. Will you miss that?

If you do mythic+ dungeons RoF is the clear winner. 

If your raid group is low on AoE damage (probably unlikely if melee heavy like mine) then again RoF is important and with the recent buff and decrease in cast time this is rather powerful now (though shame it has a cost now days).

Ultimately, it's down to what your priorities are. In the end we are getting them all. 

Yeah that change took effect after i went the other way, ah well i'll pick it up after i've got the last gold trait  whenever that happens, these talents are getting a bit expensive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Luciera
      Hello, fellow Warlocks
      I recently received Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar, which does "Enemies marked by your Havoc take 8% increased damage from your single target spells." Currently I've been running Channel Demonfire, but I am curious about Wreak Havoc. I know it's amazing for cleave, but would taking Wreak Havoc benefit more than demonfire, even if it is pure single target when having this legendary? I usually browse Icy Veins guides, and haven't seen a specific comment about this.
      Apolgies if this has been asked somewhere else already.

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 5/10 NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation to move on Nighthold.  
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 5/10 NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - Ele Shaman
      - Mage (Fire or Frost)
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Arms Warrior w/ Prot offspec (another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Combo Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.