FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Progression

Mastery Assassination - Viable?

Hey Rogues,

After this week's changes on all 3 specs - I've done a little bit of reading and cannot seem to find concrete testing (yes, I understand it's only been a few days). I decided to start a thread on Mastery Assassination Rogues to hear your thoughts, testing and conclusions.

I'm currently testing the following - let's hear your thoughts:

Masteries: EP, Nightstalker, DS, Thugee, Agonizing Poison, Venom Rush

Stat Priority: AGI > Mastery > Crit = Vers > Haste

Artifact: Following the Icy-veins Recommended Build Path

Food: 375 Mastery - considering Fishbrul?!

Has anyone run some testing with something similar or recommend a change? Please post below. Let's make this an active thread, as I'm highly interested in min maxing.

Thanks,
Progression  US-Mal'Ganis

Edited by Progression

1 hour ago, Progression said:

Hey Rogues,

After this week's changes both all 3 specs - I've done a little bit of reading and cannot seem to find concrete testing (yes, I understand it's only been a few days). I decided to start a thread on Mastery Assassination Rogues to hear your thoughts, testing and conclusions.

I'm currently testing the following - let's hear your thoughts:

Masteries: EP, Nightstalker, DS, Thugee, Agonizing Poison, Venom Rush

Stat Priority: AGI > Mastery > Crit = Vers > Haste

Artifact: Following the Icy-veins Recommended Build Path

Food: 375 Mastery - considering Fishbrul?!

Has anyone run some testing with something similar or recommend a change? Please post below. Let's make this an active thread, as I'm highly interested in min maxing.

Thanks,
Progression  US-Mal'Ganis

If you have a read through the Post-Patch discussion stickied here, that's already been covered.

Once you start hitting N.EN levels of gear the Agonizing Poison build starts to pull ahead of Exsang, and by the time you hit Heroic it's noticably better. Having early high levels of Mastery means you can go Agonizing earlier, but as of right now I don't know of a specific threshold

As for food, I think Mastery is probably the way to go - Fishbrul tends to only be the best option if specs don't really benefit from one particular stat (like WW Monks, for example). You can test it and report back if you like, I haven't had the chance to run any Sims for it yet

106% mastery

In Mythics I do about 230-300k+ dps single target 850 ilvl. 

I made a sim for the first time, not sure if i made it correct or not. but eh.. Maybe you find something usefull.

simcraft.png

Edited by dannebre