RoseyNZ

Ele Shaman - Heroic Raids - DPS Help

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 
I am part of a raiding guild in Aus/NZ & we have quite a few DPS.  Due to mythic being restricted to 20 people, i'm finding myself on the bench.  Now I know it's early on, but we've cleared Heroic and I need to pick up my DPS.  So I come to you guys for some help.

I feel that due to the movement requirements of Mythic encounters, i'm quite hindered with steady main target dps.  I can squeeze good aoe burst dps, but find that after my first opening sequence, my numbers just drop off too rapidly.

I'm using (I believe) the suggested rotation listed here on icyveins.  

Here is a link to our Heroic Clear from the 28th Sept, our first run after the Class changes.
Talamia Elemental Shaman - Heroic Emerald Nightmare (warcraftlogs.com)

Here is my Armory link.
Talamia - Elemental Shaman - I have haste gems, in order to see if casting quicker helped.  As a JC, i don't mind having to replace them.

I found when using the compare facility on warcraftlogs.com - my mastery is way high  (3k)  - with Versatility (900) and Haste (2.8k) being much lower, but crit is around the right place (11.6k).

Most of the drops i've gotten, have mastery on it.  Very little has Crit & Versatility, which seem like the preferred states.

I run dungeons with little problems, unless there are movement fights, but even then, they are shorter and much easier to compensate with, especially with a good healer / tank.

Edited by RoseyNZ
clarification

Hello, I'm certainly not raiding at the level that you are right now (though I'd like to be), due to guild troubles, but I was wondering what talents you are taking currently. I know the build on Icy Veins recommends that you take Ascendence, but I for one do not believe that is right. I've ran tests and I find that Not only does Lightning Rod beat out Ascendence on single target for raids, it also absolutely destroys in AoE, for fights such as Dragons, and Cenarius, I feel Ele is absolutely fantastic. Another thing I've noticed from my tests is that Earthern Rage comes out ahead of Totem Mastery, but that I would recommend testing yourself because they are close. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun, casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented focus to finish heroic in current content.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Sajakain
      ► Introduction:
      <Hand of Fate> is a group of adults who enjoy raiding on a light schedule and still see content cleared. Details of our raid team and atmosphere can be found below. We're looking for like minded individuals to join us in Antorus!

► The Details:
      Here are some of the direct details you are probably looking for concerning our team:
      Raid Days: Tuesday and Wednesday Raid Time: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) Invites: 8:30 PM - 8:45 PM EST Current Progression: 10/10(H), 9/9(H), 11/11(H)  
      ► What We're Looking For:
      Above all else, we're looking for the person that simply enjoys to raid. We have a couple of different ranks; one that permits the casual raider who can only show up once or twice a month and one that is made for the more dedicated - the "serious" raider, if you will. Regardless of rank, however, we expect you to enjoy raiding and have fun playing the game. More details on the differences between these ranks, and their expectations, can e found on our website.
      As far as specific class needs go, we are looking for the following:
      Holy Paladin Marksmanship Hunter Shadow Priest Elemental Shaman
      ► Mythic+ Dungeons:
      We are also recruiting folks that are interested in farming Mythic+ dungeons in addition to our raiding.

► Contact Information:
      Below you will find the information you need to get in contact with us should you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, you will find the link to our website so that you can read more about us.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to finding like-minded individuals to take on Legion with us!
      BattleTag Contacts:
      Sajakain (Guild Master): Sajakain#1683 Hatched (Guild Officer): Hatch#1820 Cerïse (Guild Officer): Satonaka#1280 Kissyfer (Guild Officer): Azilee#1343  
      ► Join Our Discord!:
      If you should have any questions, feel free to join our Discord server. Please be sure to introduce yourself in the #general channel and let someone know you're interested about the raid team!
      https://discord.gg/3TupWMC
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - preference for Shaman and Paladin
      Shaman, Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Deadly
      Good day people of the forums!
      Heavy Metal Gaming (Kel'thuzad) is a 2 day, casual guild looking to recruit a few more to round out our roster, and looking ahead to Battle for Azeroth.

Although we are casual, the roster is made up of exceptional players, and we are looking for like-minded/skilled players that are vocal in discord, and engage with the rest of the guild.

The guild and group is made up of friends that have been gaming together for 10+ years. Many of us previously raiding in Top 50 guilds during TBC, WoTLK, and Cata.
      For Legion we are AOTC for all raid content.
      We are looking for:

DPS
      Ranged:
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman

Melee:
      Ret Paladin
      Enhancement Shaman

Raid Times
      Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10PM MST
      If you are interested in a laid back guild, but still want to crush raids please respond to this thread, or feel free to add me:
      in game: Deadly#1230
      Or on discord: Deadly#2239
    • By Exstage
      Hay,

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush. 
      But i stil seem to have trouble getting my dps on.  Please take a look on the logs at the 14th. 
      I really dislike using the "eye beam build" (it feel slow to me) so i still use the 2221311 build. 
      Profile:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15410865
      Armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/magtheridon/zoéy

Thanks already for helping / reading!
      P.s. i have all legendary's