Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoseyNZ

Ele Shaman - Heroic Raids - DPS Help

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 
I am part of a raiding guild in Aus/NZ & we have quite a few DPS.  Due to mythic being restricted to 20 people, i'm finding myself on the bench.  Now I know it's early on, but we've cleared Heroic and I need to pick up my DPS.  So I come to you guys for some help.

I feel that due to the movement requirements of Mythic encounters, i'm quite hindered with steady main target dps.  I can squeeze good aoe burst dps, but find that after my first opening sequence, my numbers just drop off too rapidly.

I'm using (I believe) the suggested rotation listed here on icyveins.  

Here is a link to our Heroic Clear from the 28th Sept, our first run after the Class changes.
Talamia Elemental Shaman - Heroic Emerald Nightmare (warcraftlogs.com)

Here is my Armory link.
Talamia - Elemental Shaman - I have haste gems, in order to see if casting quicker helped.  As a JC, i don't mind having to replace them.

I found when using the compare facility on warcraftlogs.com - my mastery is way high  (3k)  - with Versatility (900) and Haste (2.8k) being much lower, but crit is around the right place (11.6k).

Most of the drops i've gotten, have mastery on it.  Very little has Crit & Versatility, which seem like the preferred states.

I run dungeons with little problems, unless there are movement fights, but even then, they are shorter and much easier to compensate with, especially with a good healer / tank.

Edited by RoseyNZ
clarification

Hello, I'm certainly not raiding at the level that you are right now (though I'd like to be), due to guild troubles, but I was wondering what talents you are taking currently. I know the build on Icy Veins recommends that you take Ascendence, but I for one do not believe that is right. I've ran tests and I find that Not only does Lightning Rod beat out Ascendence on single target for raids, it also absolutely destroys in AoE, for fights such as Dragons, and Cenarius, I feel Ele is absolutely fantastic. Another thing I've noticed from my tests is that Earthern Rage comes out ahead of Totem Mastery, but that I would recommend testing yourself because they are close. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By magegnome
      the broken isles pathfinder has two parts 
      the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One has 5achievements 
      they are  
      1.Broken Isles Explorer complete these achievements,
      1.Explore Azsuna,
      2.Explore Highmountain,
      3.Explore Suramar,
      4.Explore Val'sharah
      5. Explore Stormheim
      2.Variety is the Spice of Life complete 100 wq's.
      3.A Glorious Campaign complete 1 class order hall campagin
      4.Loremaster of Legion complete these achievements 
      1.Azsuna Matata,
      2.Vrykul Story, Bro,
      3.Good Suramaritan,
      4.That's Val'sharah Folks! 
      5.Ain't No Mountain High Enough 
      5. Broken Isles Diplomat reach revered with
      1. Court of Farondis,
      2.Highmountain Tribe,
      3.The Nightfallen,
      4.Dreamweavers,
      5.Valarjar 
      6. The Wardens.
      the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two has 3 achievements  
      1. Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One complete the first part (above),
      2.Explore Broken Shore explore the broken shore
      and the last one is Legionfall Commander reach revered with
      1. Armies of Legionfall.
      when you complete all of this you'll have flying in the broken isles.

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Currently we are trying to build up our roster to start Mythics.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic - 4/7 Mythic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 10/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
      Do not send forum PMs, get in touch in-game; likewise do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.
    • By Oleandrea
      <Supernova> , US-Mal'Ganis, is a mature adult Horde guild. We are 3/10M, 10/10H. We are recruiting players with a community-based progression mindset. Our goal is to progress through mythic content as quickly as possible and prepare for Tomb of Sargeras raiding. To accomplish this goal, we need you!
      Current classes needed :
      {Mass Casualty Team} - 3/10M - Tues/Thurs 8-11pm Central:
      Ret Pally
      Hunter
      {Waffle Stomp Team} - 10/10H - Mon/Wed 7-10pm Central:
      Balance Druid
      Hunter
      Ret Pally
      SPriest
      Rogue
      Check our website for details: teamsupernova.enjin.com
      Battle.net Contact Info: Oleandrea#1975
      What You Can Expect
      ► All Supernova raiders can expect fair distribution of loot and equal opportunity to raid.
      ► We will never ask anything of you that we wouldn't ask of any of our other members.
      ► You can expect a full duration trial period lasting anywhere from 3-6 weeks.
      ► Lastly, you can expect a group of dedicated, like minded players that are willing to go the extra mile for you to push content and develop our community.
      ► We are willing to consider cross-realm trials as well for non-mythic runs.
      General Information
      Players with strong Tank/Heals off-specs that can switch based on guild need are a plus, as are those that can equally play different dps specs.
      We have a laid back atmosphere & attitude and expect our members to have the same mindset. While we want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves, we maximize our raid time and expect members to focus. We expect our members to perform well and theory-craft on their class in order to optimize their performance.
      And, of course, we welcome any players to join our community. Our guild regularly runs Mythic+, Kara, etc., which are open to all guild members whether they are on the raid team or not.
      So if you're looking for the type of guild you remember back in the earlier days of WoW - where the guild is a community, not just a place to park your toons and run stuff by yourself all the time - contact us.
      Best of Luck -
      TeamSupernova
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      7/7M, 2/3M (3/3H), 6/10M (10/10H)
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Swing Healer - Druid, H Priest, Monk
      Ranged - Elemental Shaman, Hunter
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 40+ traits.
      - 6 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance and Restoration.
      Hunter: BM and Survival.
      Monk: Mistweaver and Windwalker.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Priest: Holy.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.