FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hamstermange

As everyone else, advice on class!

Hey, im currently playing a Outlaw Rouge, ilvl 851. 

But to the point, i'm looking for a alt. Dps, since it's to complicated to heal/tank. I'm looking for something that is viable while doing world quests & that is good enough to keep up in mythic+. Kinda need to be pretty basic to play as well! I've read around a lot and found that enchantment shaman or a Monk would suit my demands, but i wan't some second opinions. So please, blast me with ideas & information on what you play / could imagen would suit! :)

Best wishes

I run an enh shaman off spec for world quests and can solo everything except of the "Danger" quests. And as a main spec healer I like to run M+ with enh shamans - great utility and no dps problems.

Can't say anything about monks though, seems like they completely vanished in Legion - didn't see one so far. Even all our guild WW and MW monks switched to other classes. Don't know what happened.

13 hours ago, hamstermange said:

Thank you fot your answer! How is IT to play enchantment shaman? Hard rotation? Rng based? Procc dependent? (Gonna read through the character guide here on icy fot whatever Clas i chose)

Can't say a lot about the rotation - I am a good healer but a crappy dps so I just use a basic one as it described in the IV guide, it's not hard and dps is very decent in my opinion. XD

You can read the shaman section of this forum though - there are some good threads regarding enhs. 

im so split up, after rolling 1 combat buff like all the time through out a HoV mythic i really want something else to play on. Dunno what tho i hear that ench shamans are decent but borring, that fire mages are good but complicated. That, warlocks are extremly boring. That shadow priests are in a nonviable stage.. Can som1 confrim / denie? Please give me advices and opinions!

19 hours ago, hamstermange said:

Please give me advices and opinions!

I wouldn't say Fire is complicated enough to stop you playing it.

Personally, I'm always happy DPSing on my Monk. It's fairly fast, there's normally always something to press, it has solid damage, it is visually appealing. If you like melee, Monk is great.

My real question to you is are you leveling from 1?  Are you going to just have this character for a feeder for your Rouge?  Are you going to craft on this toon to support your other one?

Play both.  Figure out what you like / don't like.  Rouge would more than likely play like the monk.  If you want to go Range go with the Shaman.  I have been liking the Balance Druid.  Where I normally would just Heal or tank on the druid (Druid gives you 4 different play styles).  

Fire Mage is a blast and not too complicated but you do have to pay attention to buffs and rotation to get the most out of your dps. 

IMO, hunter has always been the easiest dps to level and play. I haven't gotten mine to cap yet, don't don't know how they stack up. 

Finally, until they nerfed pallies, my prot pally was my favorite class. Really good dps (as good if not better than my Mage in WoD) and incredibly hard to kill. I never tanked with him, but so good soloing. 

Edited by Whiskey